Thread: Train sim installed but wont start....

Default Train sim installed but wont start....

Hello. I got a new Windows 10 laptop. I installed Train Sim following Aleksandar Ogunovic's instruction. When I click on the icon to bring up train sim. It tries to come up for a few seconds and then it fails. It just drops off. Any suggestions?..Roger

Hi IronRoosters,
    I don't know about "Aleksandar Ogunovic's instruction" but if you followed the Steam4Me Win 7 tutorial, you also need to set train.exe (and launcher.exe, if you use it) to "Run as an administrator" from their Properties > Compatibility tab

Cheers,
    Ged

In addition, a lot of laptops now have really high-resolution screens -- much higher resolution than MSTS can understand. Before launching MSTS, set your screen resolution on the desktop to no more than 1600 x 1200. (Pick a 4:3 resolution so the image isn't stretched.)

There are a lot of reasons why MSTS will just crash to the desktop on startup. Screen resolution wasn't one of them until high-res screens became common.

MSTS-Roundhouse

With Open Rails and ZDSimulator
    Info

Some people has issues with "Aleksandar Ogunovic's instruction" and its not entirely accurate, and look what you got yourself into.... That instruction left out most of the clues, so just stick with Steam 4 Me instructions..

BTW... why a damn laptop? Laptops tend to overheat and shorten life on the components... get a desktop.....
    Dave Edwards

That solved the problem..Thank you.