Thread: Adding activities to mini-routes

Default Adding activities to mini-routes

I've successfully used Route Riter to create mini-routes, which work fine. I'd like to add some activities, but normally the .apk file just automatically installs to my MSTS folder. I no longer have the routes in MSTS. Some activities are distributed as zipped ROUTES and TRAINS folders which you can extract to MSTS or Temp or wherever, but I don't know how to redirect an .apk file.

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Extract it to a temporary location and then move the files to the right place.As an improvement to Windows 7 and later,MS removed the handy option to copy or move files rather than drag and drop,which can result in files going to the wrong place.Solution ? A useful thing called "Copy to Move to" which can be found on the "HowtoGeek" website.

Hi Roger,
    I think ragtimer has misread your query, or I have!
    Using my APKExtractor from the library - apkex-v3-07.zip - you can install .apk files into any MSTS/ORTS folder, or, even create a .zip file from it.

Cheers,
    Ged

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

It is still a useful tool for those wanting to add new items to an MSTS folder without putting them straight there without inspecting them !

Ah. I'm pretty sure that's what I was looking for. I vaguely remembered seeing mention of it when I was first introduced to MSTS, but couldn't think how to locate it.