Thread: Amtrak - No lights in cars?

Default Amtrak - No lights in cars?

I tried to find a way to turn on the passenger car lights in the Amtrak DLC. Is there something I have overlooked?

The only lights that work are the tail lights and the green and orange brake applied released warning lights on the doors.
    If you want these lights to operate make sure your engine has head end power running.

Thanks very much. I’ll double check the head end power. I looked in the loco and didn’t find a specific switch.

I forget the button you need to hit but when you select the engine there is a distribution unit that creates electrical power to the back. If someone can help me with the name, it's been a while since I've run a passenger. Basically you normally have 2 units and one of those units is generating power. There is a radio button that gives electricity to the back. I think it has 3 letters. My memory sucks!

Thanks

Sean

Default Amtrak - No lights in cars?

Not inside the cab. I found it in the loco-click box... next to the starting/running switch is HEP On/Off ... Head End Power. Now the door indicators and rear of train are operating. Thanks though.

That be the one. Now the thing about the HEP on 1 unit is it's always running a little bit of power but works well enough to get top speed for 5 cars trains. The longer consists however normally have 2 units because all that HP powering up the lights can't be used to power the train.

Think it's been a while since I last ran an Amtrak train possibly a year ago.

Thanks

Sean