Thread: Full Headlamp Selection

Default Full Headlamp Selection

Hello, and Happy New Year to whom-ever is reading this. I have the latest update for OR and noticed that certain features are not available in Locomotives. Specifically the utilization of High setting for headlamps. Currently I am running the RMD-West NP route, and the F-7's do not have the Mars Light (High Setting) available after Sun-Rise. It just shuts off!
    There are lits of old movies that show these Mars-Lights in operation during daylight hours, particularly Early Morning and Early Evening. I click on the "H" key to no avail, this should be selective no matter what time of day the SIM is in.

I first noticed this a while ago, but thought it was maybe a glitch that would re-appear or be corrected. Can you remove whatever is making this happen? Ditch Lights, Mars Lights, High-Visibility is paramount when operating a train.

Thank You and HAPPY NEW YEAR! From Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.

You probably need to remove the "Time of Day" in the light section of the eng file for the engine you are referencing.
    Post the engine file your using please.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    You probably need to remove the "Time of Day" in the light section of the eng file for the engine you are referencing.
    Post the engine file your using please.
    Hello, I found that reference, it is "Time of day ( 1 )" for the Main Headlight and "Time of day ( 2 )" for the Mars Light.
    It is the 3DTrains FSkin NP 6007A\AUnitSkin NP 6007A
    Here is the engine file copy. Thank You.

AUnitSkin_NP_6007A.zip

From the file How_To_Specify_Lights.doc found in the folder TechDocs in the MSTS root folder or on CD#2

TimeOfDay (0) (ignore time of day)
    TimeOfDay (1) (only come on if it’sdaytime)
    TimeOfDay (2) (only come on if it’snight)

So all you need to do is change them to "0" or just delete the line.

BTW: The ENG in question is a RESKIN. The Funits sold by 3dTrains did not have a TimeofDay line for their Mars light.

Charles

Thank you Charles. I thought it was an Open Rails thing. I am leaning, slowly, but learning!

Happy New Year 2020!

Don