Thread: Scale Factors

Default Scale Factors

Good Morning,

Happy New Year to everyone.

After looking through the forum, I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. I'm quite sure this is an easy one.

I want to change Lukas Lusser's D&RGW Coaches for narrow gauge tracks to standard gauge. I'm familiar with SFM, I just don't know what values to put in to make this change.

Thanks

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

I don't think this is going to work for you - I believe it scales the entire shape - not selected parts so by the time you scaled the trucks to fit the tracks - the car body would be grossly too wide...

Regards,
    Scott

Exactly what will happen, if you don't choose this option. You can scale in a single dimension x,y or z. But will probably result in a really poor looking model once you figure out which is the correct axis to scale.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Thanks for the reply guys. I understand what you are saying about trying to adjust one part. Makes sense to me. But I have one more question about the cars in this topic. After looking closely at the cars, it appears that the entire shape was reduced to narrow gauge. The question is this. If the entire shape was reduced to narrow, can this be restored to standard? If so, what would be the value to use in SFM?

Thanks
    Kenny