Thread: Winter TERRTEX in TSRE ?

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    Download new version .69761

And use:
    season = Winter
    instead of
    season = "Winter"
    Hi Goku,

Thanks so much - I'll try it when I get in tonight and report back...

Regards,
    Scott

This is fantastic to hear. It is something I am going to try in the next few days and get farmilar with it.

This really is a tool that was really needed.
    - Mark -

Download new version .69761

And use:
    season = Winter
    instead of
    season = "Winter"
    Hi Goku,

Progress - installed .69761 - set the settings.txt as specified - bingo - we have snow upon TSRE launch... My test route has a large number of custom painted (not snow) textures and it copied them over to the Winter SNOW directory automatically... So I have snow TERRTEX by default - but the tiles I already painted normally (not snow) are carried over in green... This is all good as long as long as from here on out - there are two separate lists maintained for which TERRTEX tiles are custom painted... There may be differences between the (not snow) - and Winter SNOW TERRTEX sets...

The next step for me - is to replace all the custom painted green tiles in Winter SNOW - with the default snow texture - so everything is white and I can start painting in Winter SNOW...

First issue - [Pick] and [Put] seems to be broken when using Winter SNOW... If I mod the settings not to use Winter SNOW - [Pick] and [Put] works fine again...

I hope this is clear...

Regards,
    Scott

Scott

In the monon-2 there is a program to do that............takes less than 1 minute.......

just copy your cutoms ones and put them somewhere and then paste them back and overwrite when your done, including the microtex....
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    Scott

In the monon-2 there is a program to do that............takes less than 1 minute.......

just copy your cutoms ones and put them somewhere and then paste them back and overwrite when your done, including the microtex....
    Hi Rick,

Thanks so much for responding - I'll take a gander - of course I always have the Mighty Monon loaded...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    First issue - [Pick] and [Put] seems to be broken when using Winter SNOW... If I mod the settings not to use Winter SNOW - [Pick] and [Put] works fine again...
    It is not an issue. There is only one texture name for all seasons. That's why changing textures in other seasons is disabled. I would destroy all other seasons. You can only repaint painted textures.
    If you want to change textures, load route in default season and do it there.

It is not an issue. There is only one texture name for all seasons. That's why changing textures in other seasons is disabled. I would destroy all other seasons. You can only repaint painted textures.
    If you want to change textures, load route in default season and do it there.
    Hi Goku,

Understood - let me give this a shot and see how it goes... So I'll need to spray paint all the "painted" tiles with a base snow texture - then go back and "autopaint" my desired ROW texture on top of them... At least this way it will be extremely obvious which textures need to be repainted...

Thanks for your effort...

Regards,
    Scott