Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PRR is getting lengthy

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    Then why bother posting this here then? Just so you can have a selfish moment of 'look what I have that you can't"?
    You read that wrong. I do want to release this at somepoint, but I'd like to not get banned because of an ownership or trademark issue as eolesen stated.

Oh man! Forgot one more: Metropark?
    Redefined for better content craftsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.V. View Post
    Oh man! Forgot one more: Metropark?
    Best I could do. Red bank platforms are pretty much the standard for any njt station.
    MetroparkSTA.jpg
    Last edited by gusthegator; 01-22-2020 at 02:10 AM. Reason: copy paste sentence

Alright! Looking forward to this update! Although this just came to me, the track slope down out the south end of Newark Penn. I always found that weird. Fixed that, or it staying?
    Redefined for better content craftsmanship.

Slope is on point, but I will get started on a much needed Newark Penn revamp in February.

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    NewCarrolton:
    Attachment 78344

Seabrook:
    Attachment 78345

Bowie:
    Attachment 78346

Odenton:
    Attachment 78347

Hamilton(In progress) reached jpg limit on last post:
    Attachment 78348

Thankfully these stations were made. All that was done was some repositioning to real life locations (with the exception being New Carrolton)
    How the heck do you do that? You've got to teach me.
    LONG LIVE BNSF 8010!
    ALL HAIL MSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    Ummm you do realize that you've covered one of the tracks in the last 2 photos. You planning to fix that?
    LONG LIVE BNSF 8010!
    ALL HAIL MSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by TrainMaster8010 View Post
    Ummm you do realize that you've covered one of the tracks in the last 2 photos. You planning to fix that?
    I'm not removing it since it is connected to the yard tracks and not the main track.

As far as the station placements in the previous post. I used gps visualizer (link is in tsre5 guide book) to place markers. Use the google maps version instead of the leaflet version (for better accuracy). It should say use google maps version instead or something like that.
    Here are the steps:

Type name of station in search box or zoom into location
    Once you find the station, click waypoint on the gps map (wpt button)
    Place one point at one end of the platform, and then another on the other end.
    Download the GPX file and name it after the station or area you want to cover (should have green arrow above GPX)
    Save the file in whatever route you are working on e.g. ( C:/1msts/routes/usa1)
    Open TSRE5 and in the navigation window it should pop up the gpx file you downloaded.
    Jump to that area, then click on view and select markers
    Then place the object as best as you can.
    Last edited by gusthegator; 01-24-2020 at 04:38 AM. Reason: typos

Small Update for those interested:

-Going to start and finish track work Providence to Boston South Station. After that, I may try to rework Newark Penn.
    -After a 19 hour grind over 5 days, I managed to finish New Haven trackage as best as possible.
    NHcomplete.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    Then why bother posting this here then? Just so you can have a selfish moment of 'look what I have that you can't"?
    No "Gimme Pig" in you, eh?

Please do us a favor and do not ever become a part of the model railroad community, or any other hands-on "craft" type hobbies for that matter. Therein we share pictures of our personal projects that have no possibility of ever being shared, yet we all still enjoy seeing pictures of other's projects, layouts, equipment, et al. We learn from them, and are inspired to do better by them, along with offering suggestions and encouragement to keep making progress.

Sometimes, I don't think it's possible for some members of this segment of the V scale hobby to ever understand that concept.