Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: PRR is getting lengthy

Quote Originally Posted by TrainMaster8010 View Post
    Then for goodness sakes, IMPORT IT FROM THE USAX AND MBTA ROUTES!!!!!!!
    You want it done, then do it yourself! Get off the caps as well. The more I see of your posts, the more I think you need to grow up...this is a hobby and your rude behavior, especially towards a highly respected member like Vince is not welcome or appreciated!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    You want it done, then do it yourself! Get off the caps as well. The more I see of your posts, the more I think you need to grow up...this is a hobby and your rude behavior, especially towards a highly respected member like Vince is not welcome or appreciated!
    Hear-hear.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    Sorry, everyone. What I meant was that if people want to do it then why can't they just do that. All I need is the PRR Route from him and then I can start getting my "knuckles" dirty. Then I can finally finish the scenery myself and that old son-of-a-EMD-SD9 (not talking about you Frankoburns even though you like SD9s) and we'll have the whole daggone NEC dagnabbit!

Oh and Vince, you don't need to rebuild the broken PRR Activities as they were "Tests". I'll remake them with the free time I have.
    LONG LIVE BNSF 8010!
    ALL HAIL MSTS!

MBTA route doesn't really have scenery as we would think of it.

"All I need is the PRR Route from him . . . "
    The 'him' to which you refer is not permitted to distribute the route per the original developers as has already been said in this thread!
    And BTW, the activities in the PRR v2 are NOT tests. There is one test activity, but all others are not tests.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    The 'him' to which you refer is not permitted to distribute the route per the original developers as has already been said in this thread!
    And BTW, the activities in the PRR v2 are NOT tests. There is one test activity, but all others are not tests.

regards,
    Turns out you don't need Open Rails . . . yet.
    Right now you need TSRE and at least a year or more to dedicate to installing proper scenery and signals between New York and Boston. Get that done and I will repair all the presently broken PRR activities.

Was that sarcasm? If so, then it's settled! As much as I hate to agree with those people who banned us from modifying the route from distribution, This post needs to be locked.

Mr. Anderson, Mr. Edwards, and Mr. Olesen, this is an open invitation to NUKE this thread.
    LONG LIVE BNSF 8010!
    ALL HAIL MSTS!

Was that sarcasm? If so, then it's settled! As much as I hate to agree with those people who banned us from modifying the route from distribution.
    Because that is the wishes of the PRR-ER team that created the route. They didn't say YOU couldn't modify the route for your own enjoyment. It is right in post #57 of this thread. But it is done only at your risk AND you can't distribute the route in any way (Forums, websites, clouds, etc.). So modding it for your own pleasure, they granted.

The wishes of the team was and still is their vision of what the route should represent, the 1950's era. Even Vince in a reply to me on the thread here for his v2 (Post #58) said, "
    I am dedicated to preserving the 1950's era depicted in the present PRR-East v2. Any attempt to change it to 'modern' is a non-starter with me." Remember also, he had permission from the team to correct the problems on the original versions signaling, speed limits and track arrangements in areas (i.e. Philadelphia, etc) & release it on here.

When I started the BCL Redux to make it into a more modern era for release, I first asked the author's permission both in an inbox & on the forum. He was happy that I wanted to take on the task. Even with some objects that are in it that said the textures couldn't be modded I did ask kindly and they are agreed that I could. Maybe it is the way in way you did things and asked.

The community here, though small is a very tight one. No one steps on anyone's feet in here on anything. 99% of them are more than happy to help and/or grant permission for things.

Just IMO, I suggest maybe you should change your approach towards such tasks. I am not scolding or being opinionated here, it is just an observation.

I am out...….
    - Mark -

"..........................snip................... ......
    Was that sarcasm? If so, then it's settled! .....................snip...................."
    No. It's reality . . .IOW, what it takes to build quality.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I will repair all the presently broken PRR activities.

Maybe those activities became broken from this tragic event from your youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYn-gfEo6Wc

This post needs to be locked.

Mr. Anderson, Mr. Edwards, and Mr. Olesen, this is an open invitation to NUKE this thread.
    You didnt create this thread, did you? You just created a nuisance...
    Dave Edwards