Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New at this: best way to buy MSTS?

Default New at this: best way to buy MSTS?

To get started with MSTS do I just buy the CD from an Amazon seller? Or is there a better way? (I'm not even sure how I will install off that CD, but first things first.)

Yes, the only way to purchase it is on CD.

OK, thank you. Off I go.

And to install it, follow closely the tutorial found at a site called Steam4Me.

Will do. Thanks for that. Also found a great readme and all the files on uktrainsim.com.. I'm having trouble with the registration, but will read through both. It looks a bit of a trick to get it all set up. I have one singular vision: all I want to do is run the Lyme Regis Route that is on the uktrainsim.com site.

I just looked at steam4me, I'm in the tutorial Installing MSTS by Yuri Sos. It only talks about WinXP and Win 7. Can it not be installed on Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    And to install it, follow closely the tutorial found at a site called Steam4Me.
    better still make that EXACTLY as the tutorial.... because we'll all be singing from the same hymn book if you need help later.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Default New at this: best way to buy MSTS?

Quote Originally Posted by doublereefed View Post
    To get started with MSTS do I just buy the CD from an Amazon seller? Or is there a better way? (I'm not even sure how I will install off that CD, but first things first.)
    Hi...

Welcome aboard...

Or - if you’re unaware - you can just jump straight to Open Rails which supports far better graphics - far more features - on a much more modern game engine - while still being compatible with MSTS content...

It’s completely free and no purchase necessary...

More info here - if you download the BNSF pack it installs everything you need and you should be up and running in minutes...

http://www.openrails.org/

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Open Rails is really the only way forward.
    Unfortunately, checking the Lyme Regis route on UKTrainsim, it requires assets from the default routes. Bummer.
    An enterprising person might be able to glean most, if not all, of the assets from the routes available in the FL.

Randy

My understanding..... Not having a default asset shouldn't prevent ORTS from opening an older route. If I recall it simply won't show the asset.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk