Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PRR is getting lengthy

Quote Originally Posted by necrails View Post
    Sure hope you are heading to Boston.
    Possibly

Quote Originally Posted by necrails View Post
    Sure hope you are heading to Boston.
    HOW THE HECK IS IT GOING TO TAKE IT!!!!!!!! (MSTS I mean)
    LONG LIVE BNSF 8010!
    ALL HAIL MSTS!

Quote Originally Posted by TrainMaster8010 View Post
    HOW THE HECK IS IT GOING TO TAKE IT!!!!!!!! (MSTS I mean)
    Use open Rails.

Fred

The PRR-East v2 will run very poorly ( if at all ) on MSTS.
    I was able to get an explore activity running . . . until it encountered the 5,000+ objects Philadelphia area tiles and promptly crashed to desktop with no error messages. I seem to remember that I mentioned this around the time I released the updated route.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

There good reasons to share here. For one thing it keeps away duplication of effort. For another, you might find help.

For example: do you have track charts? I do. Are you planning this in the New Haven era to match the PRR?

But laying track is the easy part.

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    There good reasons to share here. For one thing it keeps away duplication of effort. For another, you might find help.

For example: do you have track charts? I do. Are you planning this in the New Haven era to match the PRR?

But laying track is the easy part.
    I do not have track charts. I used satilite images from google maps and gpx files and took what I could from both to lay the track down as close as possible to real life. My OCD may have kicked in a bit too much.

As far as New Haven PRR accuracy, I'll have to talk to a friend of mine who worked for Amtrak at the time and see if they have track charts and pictures. I did have to borrow some track work from usax when doing the New Haven portions as I'm still new with choosing what frogs/switchpoints go together at what interlockings.

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    I do not have track charts. I used satilite images from google maps and gpx files and took what I could from both to lay the track down as close as possible to real life. My OCD may have kicked in a bit too much.

As far as New Haven PRR accuracy, I'll have to talk to a friend of mine who worked for Amtrak at the time and see if they have track charts and pictures. I did have to borrow some track work from usax when doing the New Haven portions as I'm still new with choosing what frogs/switchpoints go together at what interlockings.
    I have track charts from Metro-North running from GCT/NYP towards CP-SHELL (New Rochelle where MN and Amtrak splits to the Hell Gate Line.) then its all MN territory from SHELL to New Haven. Then its all Amtrak NEC track charts from New Haven to Boston. including numerous customer sidings along the line (with 2 major quarries) to serve via local freights.
    Dave Edwards

I have track charts of the whole territory including highly detailed New Haven railroad valuation maps. Tell me your era and I'll upload what you need.
    Christopher

Please make it the 1950’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    Please make it the 1950’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'll add the track work so that others can modify it to fit the 1950's but I'm a bit more familiar with the 2005+