Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PRR is getting lengthy

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    Small Update for those interested:

-Going to start and finish track work Providence to Boston South Station. After that, I may try to rework Newark Penn.
    -After a 19 hour grind over 5 days, I managed to finish New Haven trackage as best as possible.
    Attachment 78434
    Could I tempt you to do the New Haven track from Providence to Worcester? It would be greatly appreciated.

Fred

Much later down the line. For now I want to finish the NEC along with the metro north lines.

Replying to my own thread a lot, but I do want to keep you all informed. Here is a showcase of Secaucus Junction. This is the third and final rendition and took 4 hours to make using around 150 track pieces. A huge improvement from my original time of 6 weeks and 3023 track. The video provided show a northbound acela on 1 track (SKIP TO 3:09). Speeds are taken strait from Amtrak's GO 803 and placed accordingly.

Another small update:

Speeds are finished up to Back Bay Station. I've been debating how to build Boston South since some track pieces are a bit larger than expected. Once that is finished, I will begin work on the many yards between sunny side and South station (with some already finished)
    Here is New Haven Yard plus the station:
    New Haven.jpg
    Also decided to play the simulator (since all I do is route build) and here is an acela at 150mph at mansfield:

Main Corridor is complete and only a few yards remain. Taking it very slow for the time being. Vince, please re-build Sunny Side Yard for me. My knees shake when I think about doing it myself.
    Tisdone.jpg

Main Corridor is complete and only a few yards remain. Taking it very slow for the time being. Vince, please re-build Sunny Side Yard for me. My knees shake when I think about doing it myself.
    Tisdone.jpg
    Dang. BTW I Don't think Vince is willing to rebuild Sunnyside Yard. Not only because he is quite busy, but because an extended version of the PRR-ER can NOT be distributed. It didn't include the, "Without explicit written permission." You could pm me a google drive link to download it for the "talking train series" that I am doing.

While we're talking about "talking train series" which ones of you want me to do a "Storm of 1952 Full Bucketniers Fanfiction"

Quote Originally Posted by TrainMaster8010 View Post
    ...zn extended version of the PRR-ER can NOT be distributed. It didn't include the, "Without explicit written permission." You could pm me a google drive link to download it for the "talking train series" that I am doing.
    Asking someone to distribute something clearly marked "not to be distributed" tends to be frowned upon.

We've banned people from the site for far less...

Dang. BTW I Don't think Vince is willing to rebuild Sunnyside Yard. Not only because he is quite busy, but because an extended version of the PRR-ER can NOT be distributed. It didn't include the, "Without explicit written permission." You could pm me a google drive link to download it for the "talking train series" that I am doing.

While we're talking about "talking train series" which ones of you want me to do a "Storm of 1952 Full Bucketniers Fanfiction"
    Replying for someone else is also frowned on and downright rude. You have a lot to learn about this community..
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Isn't the PRR abandoned ware at this point. Route is 12 years old. Besides, I'm done and I'd like to hand off this work to the community so they can have a full NEC and build upon it themselves.

Isn't the PRR abandoned ware at this point. Route is 12 years old. Besides, I'm done and I'd like to hand off this work to the community so they can have a full NEC and build upon it themselves.
    Neither version of the PRR East Region can be considered abandonware, they are still the property of those who built or modified them. That said, I can see nothing on either readme file that specifically bans modifying and releasing. I would however suggest that you contact whoever is responsible for the version you are using to make sure there is no problem with you releasing your modified version.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.