Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And Now for Something Completely Different

I'm not sure what one it is to be honest Geoff, I am painting it for someone else. I can only guess it's one of the free F7

Looking good Michelle! Your modeling skills are really great.

Any plans for some other roads?
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    I'm not sure what one it is to be honest Geoff, I am painting it for someone else. I can only guess it's one of the free F7
    I ask because if it's one of the 3DTrains F units the V4 models have better detailed trucks than the V3 models. Both are good models but the v4 have a bit higher detail. Also the V4 files have a downloadable Paint Template. That may help with your version? BTW I take it you are aware that BLW already did a Milwaukee UP liveried trainset? http://www.valleypass.com/Sales/MILW2.htm
    Last edited by lateagain; 01-08-2020 at 06:44 PM.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Since I supplied all the "clean" textures, I will answer that question. It's Marc's V3 F7 model. Specifically the BL&E models with some modifications to the alpha channel to hide unwanted parts.

Michelle, Lets revert back to the original way we had the texture.

The only other fix would be for the logo to be behind the grab irons on the side of the nose. That would be the only other way to do it. Moving the texture to that spot would pull it off the join line. The nose of these models were a separately fitted part and then welded to the body in Gmax.

Robert

With just a little bit of work the v3 textures can be modified to work on the v4 .s file. I've done quite a few.

So with some more Trial and Error I was able to touch up the A unit and I was able make up the first B unit. I had some major issues with some of the orginal lines on the roof that had to be adressed. and it took much longer than I had expected. But I think it came out better than I had hoped for.
    MR1.jpg

Nice skins Michelle but why do the F Model? The number you've chosen for the A unit is an FP model. There's a really good recent FP model in the library Name: goapcu.zip which I'm sure Chris would agree to being reskinned?

The FP is quite a bit longer. Because we usually see locomotives photographed almost head on or 3/4 portrait it's often difficult to see the difference in length between the EMD car body loco models.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geoff
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Nice skins Michelle but why do the F Model? The number you've chosen for the A unit is an FP model. There's a really good recent FP model in the library Name: goapcu.zip which I'm sure Chris would agree to being reskinned?

The FP is quite a bit longer. Because we usually see locomotives photographed almost head on or 3/4 portrait it's often difficult to see the difference in length between the EMD car body loco models.
    Not the model I picked Geoff i am just the painter.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    Not the model I picked Geoff i am just the painter.
    Well OK then same question to Robert? Love this era of railroading and great to see new content but why not keep it prototypical?

BTW I notice that the GO model is an ACPU unit, same shape but not a proper FP unit. However there is an FP unit and it comes with a reskinning kit. Name: br-kit10.zip

Of course adding separate .eng and sounds to the GO unit (together with any specific FA's for differences) would make a valuable additional freeware model for the library?
    Last edited by lateagain; 01-22-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    Geoff
    UK

Sadly Geoff I am really not that gifted in knowing what is what for me I just have the basic understanding of looks ask me to tell you whats the different F7 are, and I will give you a honest dumb brunette look. Same with box cars ends and doors. I think Robert told me the F7 went thru some number changes.