Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding Cars or Consists to an Activity.

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    The TSRE CE can be used to edit Loose Consists.
    Charles, thanks, of course it can...don't know why that slipped my mind...thanks for the correction.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Charles, thanks, of course it can...don't know why that slipped my mind...thanks for the correction.
    The TSRE CE has the same problem ConBuilder has in that there is no information as to where the loose consist is on the route,

I have never used the TSRE AE does it show where the loose consist that you are editing is located?
    Charles

Hi Charles,
    TSRE Does go One Further in that You Can Open the Activity File in the Top Left Corner and The Consist List will Appear Showing the Loose Consists and Their Number. Then All You Have to do is Open the Activity and Locate that Consist Number.
    DaveKfromUP

All you have to do is open the OR Dispatcher Screen map while inside the activity and it will show you where those loose consists with the unique 5 digit number are. If the route is built responsibly (a big IF), all track should have reasonable identification that shows through on the map. Just move the map around taking a screen grab of each town or industrial cluster. The MSTS AE had a similar map display capability, and you actually used the map to place the consists, but in this case the map is part of OR itself and not the editors.

From the map, loose consist 32810 is on a lumber spur. If you open the ACT file and do a find on that loose consist number 32810, it shows the 3 cars on that spur are indeed centerbeam cars. The highlighted red shows the trainset directory the cars are pulled from, and the highlighted green are the actual car file names. You can edit things right here without any utilities, just change the red and green lines IF you know the directory names and actual wagon file names. This approach is more for novices who know what they are doing.

I dont see where Conbuilder shows that unique 5 digit serial number for every loose consist. Consist 32810 shows in Conbuilder Loose Consist editor as merely "Loose Consist 30"

TSRE does indeed index based on the 5 digit number. Opening up the 32810 consist shows the 3 centerbeams

The map also shows that loose consist 32812 is at Mars Canada. Based on the type of business these should be flour or grain type covered hoppers or oil/sweetener tank cars. Opening 32812 in TSRE does indeed show that 32812 is 4 corn syrup cars.

The TSRE CE has the same problem ConBuilder has in that there is no information as to where the loose consist is on the route,

I have never used the TSRE AE does it show where the loose consist that you are editing is located?
    No -- AFAIK --- I wish the TSRE AE would list the loose consists by the ID number found in the ACT file.

I only use the TSRE AE when I need to re-position the loose consist - then it is a multi-step operation.
    Run the Activity in OR and find where the loose consist is located ( siding or whatever ) by using the Dispatch Viewer
    Then use the TSRE-AE to open the activity file and go to that location ... then move the consist.

If you are just replacing equipment in a loose consist the CE is by far the easiest method. As geepster illustrates.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 01-13-2020 at 10:41 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

No -- AFAIK --- I wish the TSRE AE would list the loose consists by the ID number found in the ACT file.
    But if you use TSRE AE to make activities, you can use unique names for your consists instead of MSTS AE "loose consist".
    So, no need to use IDs, you can find the consist by it's name.

But I have to Use the Route Editor to Actually Place the Consists. Probably the Best Thing Would Be for me to Create My Own loose Consists with the Correct Types of Cars and Place Them.
    DaveKfromUP

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    But if you use TSRE AE to make activities, you can use unique names for your consists instead of MSTS AE "loose consist".
    So, no need to use IDs, you can find the consist by it's name.
    FEY (For EVERYONE"S Information)

With the TSRE CE opened to Activity Consists you can edit the Loose Consist's Name line from "Loose Consist" to a meaningful name as in "2 WP XM LD". Then when you save the ACT file will show
    ActivityObject (
    ObjectType ( WagonsList )
    Train_Config (
    TrainCfg ( ""
    Name ( "2WP BX" )
    Serial ( 86 )
    MaxVelocity ( 0.00000 0.00100 )
    NextWagonUID ( 2 )
    Durability ( 1.00000 )
    Wagon (
    WagonData ( GX-XM_WP19901MT 3DTrains_WP_Freight )
    Flip ( )
    UiD ( 0 )
    )
    Wagon (
    WagonData ( GX-XM_WP3019MT 3DTrains_WP_Freight )
    UiD ( 1 )
    )
    )
    )
    Direction ( 131 )
    ID ( 32772 )
    Tile ( -12944 14293 -499.035 351.441 )
    )

So using the ORTS Dispatcher and the TSRE-CE one can check an activity's loose consists to see if the items are appropriate, change if necessary and modify the name to something besides "Loose Consist".

The question is what happens when this ACT is used in MSTS. Does this make the ACT unusable in MSTS? Or just cause MSTS to not display the Loose Consist?
    Charles

Thanks to both Goku and Charles...learning something new all the time.
    Regards, Gerry

FEY (For EVERYONE"S Information)
    ……...

The question is what happens when this ACT is used in MSTS. Does this make the ACT unusable in MSTS? Or just cause MSTS to not display the Loose Consist?
    Answered my own question. MSTS does NOT care if a loose consist in an activity is named "Loose Consist" or "3 WP G7". Works regardless and displays the consist.
    Charles