Thread: Thank You...

Default Thank You...

I just got round to reinstalling OR after my great HD/Win 10 issues from a few months back.

I would just like to say thanks to all concerned for the much improved and easy to use web interface. Also particularly appreciate the addition of the ZigZag and SCE demo routes as this allows the user to get up and running very quickly. The lion's share will still be the MSTS stuff I've acquired over the years but thus far putting OR back has been a painless process and some very nice routes and trains to run on them.

Job well done!
    Vern.

Judas !!!!

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

!!

Fair do's, it is much easier than last time I tried to install sifting through which particular file I needed from the site.

Still got a huge number of MSTS discs and downloaded stuff to reinstall over the next few days though, starting with North Wales Coast and Mid-East Plus.
    Vern.

Pulling your pudd Vern. I love OR and wish i could use the route editor.

My faves are ME Plus & Thames - Trent, which is v3 now.

I forgot about NWC, shame it doesn't go to Crewe in that version.

If truth be told, the start of last week i was going to re-install OR.

But what did i do instead.......... installed that Trainz rubbish.

I would recommend the MonoGame version of OR, runs better than the standard version.

I have been using it, since it was first released.

Get it from the Elvas Tower forum, buddy.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Thames Trent is next in line to go back on.

Seem to have mislaid my latest NWC disc, can only find the old one. Probably in a drawer somewhere!
    Vern.

TT is amazing considering the MSTS route editor foibles, Vern.

I have the older NWC plus all the updates.

Mike.

Found my NWC2 - or rather the wife did as she's good at sniffing things out!

Agree re Trainz, the only thing that keeps me going back is the route editor but in terms of driving it is still and always will be rubbish. Downloaded some European stuff the other day and first thing on entering the cab you notice a UK AWS sunflower, then generic Alco sounds from 2002. Even the vintage cabs on MSTS look better than the Trainz equivalent, with the odd exception (Class 508 on Thames Mersey has the Japanese EMU cab) which can be forgiven as they are probably early work.

I like some of the Australian routes in MSTS - Coals to Newcastle is excellent, although I'm driving it with a Class 40 consist copied across from MEP.

What OR does need though is an Activity Editor as the MS one is now very fickle and hard to make work on Win 10 and UHD monitor, doesn't scale whatever the DPI settings.
    Vern.

Your first sentence sounds so wrong in every way Vern.

N3V have had plenty of time to update all the old stuff. What killed it for me last week, was a Class 37 with a Deltic cabview in payware.

This is because the new 37 cabview they created, is ultra modern rubbish. The 37 i was using was a BR Green liveried example on the S&C.

Agree C to N is a lovely route, there is a route that creates part of the NSW Main South route that i enjoy as well.

OR does have an activity editor buddy, i just don't understand it as usual.

Oh Mr Moorhouse showing off with his UHD cinema scope monitor

Us plebs are still on 23 inch 1920x1080 LOL

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    What OR does need though is an Activity Editor as the MS one is now very fickle and hard to make work on Win 10 and UHD monitor, doesn't scale whatever the DPI settings.
    Hi Vern,

You want Goku’s TSRE available here ([F4] opens the activity editor):

http://koniec.org/tsre5/

It works fine on a 2560x1440 32"monitor...

Now the only thing TSRE can’t do is create paths - so you want to use the contributed software “Track Viewer” to do that - available via the ORTS interface...

In ORTS Activities - you can play WAV files at events - you can have AI trains blow the horn once or as many times as you like by using Track Viewer to create your paths - you can have AI switchers making up and breaking down trains doing real work around the yard - you can have your AI road engine trundle out from the engine servicing facility grab it's train and head off to its destination - you can have AI helpers join the rear of your train - shove you up the hill - and disconnect when done - - - all without user intervention... Pretty amazing stuff...

AI Trains can trip triggers - haven’t tried this myself yet...

You should also check out the Timetable feature - you can setup an entire days worth of train movements - then choose to run any train in the timetable - while everyone else continues with their assigned tasks...

Regards,
    Scott

I've got Goku's editor installed Scott so I'll see what that can do with regard to activities. Thanks.
    Vern.