Thread: B&O West End Route

Default B&O West End Route

I am seeing a lot of vegetation placed on the tracks in this route. Is there an easy way to remedy this?

Rich K
    See my pix at RailPictures.net
    Visit my web site The Railfan Gallery

If you are using Open Rails just add this line the to the .trk file and no more on track trees.

ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance ( 2 )

ORTS renders the distance, track to forest objects differently from MSTS. In the MCOA2 route I had
    a spot where the trees were rendering on the track in ORTS, but correctly in MSTS. The recommended
    line fixed the issue, and I intend to add it any of my future routes.

J. H. Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_K View Post
    I am seeing a lot of vegetation placed on the tracks in this route. Is there an easy way to remedy this?
    Can you give the coordinates of where this is occurring so I can fix??
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Chris:

IF it's the problem that I THINK is being mentioned, it will have to do with the use of forest regions, their boundaries in particular.

The issue is:

* MSTS calculates a forest region in their way, and places the trees thusly.

* OR calculates a forest region differently, and thus the forest region trees (and likely the boundaries) will NOT be in the same identical locations as with MSTS.

What is likely happening is that you an MSTS-placed forest region that is borders the track closely. (Or may even overlap the track slightly.) It's fine as rendered by MSTS, but too close for OR, thus the tree(s) end up on the track. One possible fix, one sure fix:

* Possible fix: Use the OR modifier as per above. This will cause OR to shrink its boundaries a tad, thus the offending OR-rendered trees are off the track.

* Sure fix: Find the region(s) that overlap the track a tad, and pull them back via MSTS Route Editor to where there's more distance between the region's border and the track.

Either way, very fixable, just some more piddle time.

Hello,
    is there any special position in the trk file (beginning or end) where the additional line should be put?

Keep on steamin'
    Dietmar

Easy fix
    download this trk file and folder:
    OpenRails.zip
    open it up and take the folder called OpenRails and put it into the B&O West End route folder
    thats it.

No route editing needed by the author and no trees on the track.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Hello,
    thank you for the fix. I've begun exploring the route and haven't met any trees on the track. I've also used it in some other routes by just changing the name of the trk file. May I also post your solution at the German Railroads forum where I'm quite active?

Keep on steamin'!
    Dietmar