Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: running MSTS and Protrain etc - how do i get it to start - do i need a no-cd?

I don't think so, try it if it works, if not you need 1.8. I always have 1.8 and xtraks and newroads. Just to be sure.

Ultimately, if you can't get it running might be time to consider switching to the Dovetail sim(s) or Trainz...
    Vern.

i have those, but it is microsoft train simulator i want - i do have trh train simulator base game working - its working fine, i am just having to get protrain addons working -i am sure they will, what i did before that screwed things up was install the extra user mod DBtracks which i think doesnt work right now

Yes, Protrain should work at this point.

Have you tried allocating more memory to MSTS with the -mem:1024 switch?
    Also, if it doesn't work right, try the routes in OpenRails – it's practically the same experience as in MSTS, but with better graphics and without all the random crashes. The best feature is the logging option which deposits the OpenRailsLog.txt file on your desktop where you could find more information why MSTS may be crashing.

thanks - as mentioned i do have msts working fine and i did try it with Open rails and it works even better .
    what i jsut have to do is try and get the Protrain addons working - i got a heap of them -i assume they will prob work in Open Rail too

Adding things like DBtracks should not stop MSTS/Protrains from working. Track addons are only activated when a route requires files from such addons, and if not present in the correct location will stop MSTS from working. Open Rails on the other hand will work with files missing, and will tell you what those files are in the log.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Make it -mem:2048. You should also grab TrainStore, MSTS Activity Analysis and ActivityChanger, then you should try GermanRailroads products also, you get a sh*tloads of German routes, engines and wagons with German Railroads Gesamtausgabe 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Heruraha93 View Post
    HI!

i did get Open Rails but i want to just run MSTS itself firstly prefereably and all teh Protrain addons

thank you!
    You have a P M

thanks - i got the pm - i am just in the process of having to reinstall msts - i uninstalled yesterday

also just to be clear to everyone - MSTS is working for me fine, both in the original program once i add updates to it, and also in Open Rails

i am just trying to get Protrain for MSTS working - i will see how i go with a fresh install doing things in the right order.

also i do have Trainz, a few of them and Protrain for Trains 2006 i have and that works fine, so i have that. I got Protrain Perfect2 recently and so will install that also

i do have german railroads add on on the way, - there are a few of them i see