Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trains dont derail or crash or anything in Open Rail

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    Btw, MSTS derailing implementation as far as jumping the tracks was pretty poor as well. I believe it was just tied directly to the implemented speed limit, and hardly actually realistic. Just that it had the activity ending function which in my opinion added a little to the challenge of an activity
    I've always hoped that some type of derail consequence would eventually be coded into OR -- IMO the outcome should be optional for those who did not want the activity to come to a halt. I'm definitely in agreement with the no-crashes point of view. There are now consequences for coupler break...and maybe if the current research into slack couplers&animation gets implemented in the future -- that would add to the experience.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Not really any consequences to pay except rolling over a poor track layed or running a switch but there are some visual derail looking scenes when you run ORTS after editing or adding track in TSRE in some cases. Cases where you have to go into MSRE select the track you laid in TSRE to reset sections in the TDB. I experienced this seeing bogies an wheels pop twist off track as well as wheels sinking under or above the rail head ever since I started back interest at developing an mod routes.

I myself wish ORTS can code more disciplines for poor handling of trains.
    1. Make a joint to a hook/bunch too hard or too fast exceeding critical durability just break the hoses of the derailed cars no visuals needed.
    2. In connection with Curve speeds make a code to include Curve limit parameters for Wagons/Engines track radius/angle vs force vs rigid bogies/wheels.
    3. Run a bad aligned switch or buffer get notification an discipline.
    4. Power braking increases chances of hot wheels depending on brake systems.

Quote Originally Posted by UP_4848_Thunder View Post
    Not really any consequences to pay except rolling over a poor track layed or running a switch but there are some visual derail looking scenes when you run ORTS after editing or adding track in TSRE in some cases. Cases where you have to go into MSRE select the track you laid in TSRE to reset sections in the TDB. I experienced this seeing bogies an wheels pop twist off track as well as wheels sinking under or above the rail head ever since I started back interest at developing an mod routes.

I myself wish ORTS can code more disciplines for poor handling of trains.
    1. Make a joint to a hook/bunch too hard or too fast exceeding critical durability just break the hoses of the derailed cars no visuals needed.
    2. In connection with Curve speeds make a code to include Curve limit parameters for Wagons/Engines track radius/angle vs force vs rigid bogies/wheels.
    3. Run a bad aligned switch or buffer get notification an discipline.
    4. Power braking increases chances of hot wheels depending on brake systems.
    yes to all these! - that kind of fidelity is what i would love to experience - even if it is just in the form of onscreen messages flagging up to let me know something has gone wrong

- is there a place where people can follow the progress of OR and or add suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Heruraha93 View Post
    yes to all these! - that kind of fidelity is what i would love to experience - even if it is just in the form of onscreen messages flagging up to let me know something has gone wrong

- is there a place where people can follow the progress of OR and or add suggestions?
    https://trello.com/b/DS2h3Pxc/open-rails-roadmap

That’s the road map. Not sure if it’s still being prioritized as such with the current port to monogame and so on

https://trello.com/b/DS2h3Pxc/open-rails-roadmap

That’s the road map. Not sure if it’s still being prioritized as such with the current port to monogame and so on
    what is monogame?

Quote Originally Posted by Heruraha93 View Post
    what is monogame?
    It's a branch of open rails on 64 bit

It's a branch of open rails on 64 bit
    It is a branch that will eventually replace the main trunk.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    It is a branch that will eventually replace the main trunk.
    Yeah that is what I understood, hence my comment that the original roadmap may be obsolete as I believe monogame is being driven by different individuals?

Why the name monogame -is it focussed on monorails?