Thread: American Railroads - Summit River & Pine Valley

Default American Railroads - Summit River & Pine Valley

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Interesting... but maybe not at £33!
    Vern.

Not really my thing, but i thought i would post the info.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I thought it looked interesting so I downloaded it to play around with on my day off.

When you start the game your locomotive is sitting on an isolated section of track at the logging camp. To use it you have to buy a handcar and pick axe and make your way out there to connect the track up to it. I bought the hand car and spent the better part of an hour trying to move it and getting only a few feet before I gave up in frustration which didn't matter because I couldn't find where the game put the pick axe I bought anyway.

I just want to run the trains not spend half a day playing games before I can even start.

The game looks promising but not in it's present state.

"- Fully steerable, kinematically simulated locomotives with working Stephenson valve gear, rods, pistons, axles, bell etc."

Wow! You actually have to steer them along the rails! Whatever happened to flanged wheels?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0