Thread: change consist in saved activity?

Default change consist in saved activity?

I'd like to start an activity with one engine consist,but finish it with another-are the saved activities such that I can edit them to change engines,and proceed with the activity?

Short answer - No, you cannot make changes to the activity file during the activity, AFAIK. However, there is a way to do what you want in OR...you could swap out the engines using the Train List window in OR ( Alt+F9).

Manual Section 7.9 Changing the train driven by the player
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks,R-unfortunately,I'm trying to do this on an EXPLORE type of activity with no A.I.-so nothing shows up on ALT+F9 except PLAYER

Quote Originally Posted by chp56 View Post
    Thanks,R-unfortunately,I'm trying to do this on an EXPLORE type of activity with no A.I.-so nothing shows up on ALT+F9 except PLAYER
    As you'd have to reload the saved activity anyway why not just create a new path/start point where you want to carry on from? Select new explore staring at that point with the consist you want to proceed with? Don't see how that would be any different? ...or am I missing something?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Well,what I wanted to do was gather all the cars of a certain type (say,tankers) with switchers, and set them out in the various yards-then go back with more powerful road engines and pick them up-but I think I can do this by hooking up to some loose power that's sitting around the route (PO+N 11) and then alt/E (IIRC) into them,and then set the switchers aside?