Thread: CN Edson Sub

Default CN Edson Sub

Are there any MLT or TS guys on here currently in the planning stages of this wonderful CN Route in the west? This is a new project I'd like to get the shovels in the ground for. I did the Blackfoot 3 (Available on Open Rails misc here in F/l) and the Northwestline 7 (not available for dl). Edson Sub will run from Edmonton West of Stony Plain (Not Walker-To heck with that lol) to Edson, Alberta in the foothills as Phase 1 of the project.

Phase 2 will run to Hinton on the border of the Canadian Rockies. This line is double track in a lot of areas and also serves the Via Rail as well.
    Rory

That would be great to see another CN route in the west. I understand about Walker and too much work to create a yard there.

John

As far as I know, we (TS) have not seriously looked at doing the Edson Sub. Personally, I have very loosely looked at the CN route west of Jasper, but that never went much beyond planning stages. I created a poll a year or two back in a small Facebook group dedicated to train simulators to gauge general interest in a dozen or so western US/western Canadian route ideas. CN Yellowhead Pass fared pretty low in the voting. The highest voted in that poll were SP's Shasta Route, BCR Tumbler Ridge, and the Alaska Railroad south end.

At any rate, there are several routes we have in early development, and none of them are the Edson Sub, so I think you're safe there. Knowing the way MLT has been the past few years, I'd be rather surprised if they were working on an a new route, but obviously I can't be certain on that.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

Thanks for that Sean. If anything I could build this for my own enjoyment in due time. I've been through Edson,Hinton and Jasper numerous times. Beautiful scenery indeed.
    Rory

I would be happy to see any CN in the west having gone that way on the VIA Canadian a few years back.

Don