Thread: Can't get OR New Year Monogame to work on Windows 10

Default Can't get OR New Year Monogame to work on Windows 10

Hi all,

As I mentioned in a post elsware on this forum my faithful win7 machine of many years has died.

I installed Open Rails NewYear Monogame ( version 50 ) on a new Win10 machine. As soon as I start a route OR crashes with an error message that says I do not have access to the desktop file openrailslog.txt.

Both the stable and unstable versions of OR run fine with no problems at all on this same machine.

I would appreciate any help on this issue.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    Hi all,As I mentioned in a post elsware on this forum my faithful win7 machine of many years has died.I installed Open Rails NewYear Monogame ( version 50 ) on a new Win10 machine. As soon as I start a route OR crashes with an error message that says I do not have access to the desktop file openrailslog.txt.Both the stable and unstable versions of OR run fine with no problems at all on this same machine.I would appreciate any help on this issue.Fred
    Hi Fred,I just installed the 64 bit version of MonoGame on my sons Win 10 laptop yesterday and experienced the same issue. To get MonoGame to run, I had to uncheck logging and then it ran fine. Peter

Thanks for the info Peter.

I unchecked logging as you suggested and everything works great now.

Fred

Hi,
    I have also installed the 64bit for open rails as well, it works great , but when I try to update , I get this message ?
    can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong .
    Thanks
    Tim Screenshot (5).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    Thanks for the info Peter.I unchecked logging as you suggested and everything works great now.Fred
    Fred,You're welcome. It looks like a Win 10 issue, which I have no knowledge about. Maybe some kind soul could enlighten us on how to get the logging feature to work.Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Timbit View Post
    Hi, I have also installed the 64bit for open rails as well, it works great , but when I try to update , I get this message ? can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong . Thanks Tim Screenshot (5).jpg
    Tim,I may be wrong, but I believe that you have to download directly from Carlo's site to update .Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterman View Post
    Tim,I may be wrong, but I believe that you have to download directly from Carlo's site to update .Peter
    Correct, updater only works with the OR main tree for now...download the monogame version directly from Carlo's site.

http://www.interazioni-educative.it/...NewYear_MG.zip
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks Gerry and Peter ,
    I have the 64bit working .
    Do I understand , that the 64bit does not have the update function working yet ?
    Thanks Again
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Timbit View Post
    Thanks Gerry and Peter ,
    I have the 64bit working .
    Do I understand , that the 64bit does not have the update function working yet ?
    Thanks Again
    Tim
    The Update function does not apply to MonoGame version --- only the main trunk of OR
    Main Trunk versions found on this page >>> http://openrails.org/download/program/
    All versions of main code trunk found on this page >>> http://james-ross.co.uk/projects/or/builds
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.