Thread: Transfers - How are they Made?

Default Transfers - How are they Made?

Hello all, I hope this may be the right place to post this.

I was just wondering how "Transfers" are created, are they similar to creating other Scenery? How is it that they follow the ground contours? Specialized software needed for the creation of Transfers?

Any help would be appreciated, I have a couple of routes in mind to create some transfers for specific areas.

They are a specialized application of an .ace file texture.

They start with a ref file entry like thus:

Transfer(Class("<Transfers>")Filename(RockLayered0 035_5_S_3.ace)Description(RockLayered0035_5_S_3))

where the word Transfer at the start of that line tells the editor(s) what it is.

This particular .ace does not have feathered edges. Even if it did, the transfers still suffer from Z - fighting when they overlap. These .ace files are called from the Textures folder. (and is where the "new" ones need to go)

Doug Relyea

ps for some reason an extra space is appearing in the post preview of Filename(Rocklayered0035xxxx. it should not be there.
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

If you haven't used transfers before in the MSTS RE you will notice when you place them you will only see a green pyramid by default and the texture won't be seen, you will have to adjust the size in the options window while the pyramid is in wire frame to make it larger. I don't know how the newer editor handles it.
    Jim

Thank you Jim & Doug for that information. I use TSRE5, I do not utilize MSTS any more for anything. I will see if what I have in mind turns out.

This is what I was looking for, so we will see what happens.