Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WSR - Signalling Issue

Default WSR - Signalling Issue

Enjoying my shiny new Class 52 Western (which is very good) on the West Somerset, until I came to a juddering halt against a red signal just outside Williton en route to Doniford. Running the 1015 from Bishops Lydeard to Minehead in Timetable Mode. I had crossed the Up train at Williton and running about 2 minutes late departed with the first two section signals clear. However the third - advanced starter about 1/4 mile down the single line was at danger. Unable to Tab past, driving past at danger terminated the run. Tried saving and re-loading the game, situation persisted. Tried leaving the loco and handing off control to the AI, it was also stuck at the signal. Nothing it seems can recover the situation.

Anyone else encountered this or can think of another solution?
    Vern.

DTG signalling Vern, you have no chance.

More pathetic than prototypical.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

They forgot the golden rule - don't confuse your own signalling logic. Just because it's there in the prototype doesn't mean it's needed in the sim. We learned that with trying to signal Trainz routes.

Needs a command to ignore SPAD.

I'm going to restart the run later, see if the fault repeats - if so not much point having a Timetable mode if you can't even complete the first service!
    Vern.

None of my business Vern. But why don't you use the czech mod and run the best loco ever on BR, on the mainline.

http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2315&query=

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I think I will Mike. Presumably you don't have to own all the routes and motive power for it to work?
    Vern.

I think you have to own the UK routes and loco's or the player will have missing services Vern.

Quote:

And it is out. After several hours of testing, I decided to drop the UK modification (all UK loco on all UK tracks). I also focused on MU units (although they are not everywhere, but they are on most lines). When creating this modification, I found another thing that I can use and so I immediately used it (basically it is a function that has not been used by DTG anywhere). I intend to modify the DE modification, where I could get some MU units to other places thanks to this function.
    The UK modification, as well as the DE modification, includes a complete remodeling of trains and cars. So far I have not focused on random generation of freight trains (it took me a lot of time to investigate the replacement of formations). If you upload the UK modification to the DE modification, then you will see the Class 66 loco on trucks as well as on German lines. For proper functionality, it will be good to remove other UK modifications from this page of your game. And one more thing ... don't rename the .pak file, leave it with! Because I've found that it all depends on the order of uploading .pak files. At another name, Leeds Manchester fell.
    I have been testing the modification for a long time, it should work without problems, but there is still something to be found. So do not hesitate and feel free to post any bugs or comments in the discussion for download. Otherwise below is an example of what the modification brings.

Mike.

The mod works and I was able to thrash the Western up from Reading to Acton on a Class 4 freight. Top speed seemed to top out at 59 MPH, so not sure if it has been set up like this - given DTG designed it just for WSR.

Despite having Trans Pennine I couldn't get the 101 to appear on Thames Valley, must be aliased to the Tees one which I haven't bought yet (waiting for next sale).

Edit: Also got the same issue I think you said with the 33, Mike. On Trans Pennine you can't get the train moving on the parcels working.
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 02-02-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    Vern.

Oh hell, i never tried the Western on the ML, Vern. In regards the 101 on Padd - Reading, yes it is the one from the Tees route buddy.

Not just me with the 33 then, even though the bloke who did the mod. Told me he had it working fine on the parcels.

Which is rubbish, because as soon as i uncoupled the 33 from the MK1's. She throttled away nicely, so i think it is a brake type mismatch with the rolling stock.

I haven't had TSW installed for a while now. Even within it's limitations as a pre-release beta version.

I still prefer DRS over all of them.

Mike.

Well I just had a fantastic run with the Wizzo on Trans Pennine, on the mail train - Maybach engines rending the night. Very thrash worthy. I was wrong about the top speed, well at least it will go over 60 (which is when the transmission shifts) so it must have been the heavy load holding it back on TV. I'll be hearing that engine roar in my sleep tonight!
    Vern.

Hahahahahahaha, i couldn't think of anything nicer to dream about, Vern.

But i must not be tempted into re-installing TSW.

Where the hell are the editors, so we can create our own consists.

Mike.