Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WSR - Signalling Issue

I went for 4x GWR loco's and a GWR wagon pack from Digital Traction for TS2020.

70% sale, got the lot for 15 quid, bargain.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

The one thing TSW still lacks - steam locos.

Mind I just took the TS20xx Western out for a Quick Drive on the Woodhead route and it is awful, compared to the TSW version. Accelerates like a bat out of hell and lacks that really meaty Maybach sound. It could almost have come from Trainz... though last time I checked the only Westerns over there still used a 37 cab and GM sound alias!
    Vern.

I would hazard a guess steam is a good way off yet, in TSW Vern.

Is that the original DTG Western converted from the IHH one.

Or the one in the Western Diesels pack ?

Hahahahahaha, Trainz the epic fail in the world of train games.

18+ years later and still it's lacking in any sort of acceptable realism.

At least TSW looks the business, even if it is still another DTG mess, under the bonnet.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

It is the Western pack one, Mike. Think I said at the time, the Warship seemed the best of the bunch, against the Western and the Hymek.

Trainz, especially, the latest one has been on and off my PC and laptop more times than I care to think about (was going to make a Joan Collins and knickers comparison but probably out of order, oh hang on...)

Mind I'm currently getting my head round this timetable editor for Open Rails, think there is a lot of potential there especially if they eventually make it like TSW where you can jump off one train, wander across the station and get on the next. Imagine that on NWC2 or Mid East. Imagine how long it would take to input all those schedules!!
    Vern.

Yes i remember you saying now Vern. I just treat everything as crud that comes from DTG and then i am never very disappointed.

Hahahahahahaha, you could have at least said panties.

I saw your post on the OR forum section. Something else i tried and failed with. All this newer stuff needed to happen about 20 years ago. I was quite on the ball in the early days of MSTS, not anymore.

I will leave it to you then Vern. Complete working 24 hour timetable for NWC, passenger and goods.

Mike.

Hi Mike --

"Hahahahahaha, Trainz the epic fail in the world of train games.

18+ years later and still it's lacking in any sort of acceptable realism."

Realism? Maybe. But, hey, I still find it fun even though I began my journey with TRS2004 -- that's now 16 years ago, so it's been a long trip. My latest piece of fun:

I actually get a lot of satisfaction beginning with a bare baseboard and struggling (yes, sometimes it is a struggle) fitting track, terrain, building, structures, textures and all the rest that has to go into it.

Phil

I started with Trainz CE in Dec 2001 Phil.

As i said earlier buddy 18+ years later, i have had enough.

For me it is no longer enjoyable to deal with all the short comings.

Mike.

Phil's layouts are first class but as you say Mike there are wider issues with the game at the moment. At least 4 different versions of TRS19 in public use all with varying levels of included content. A major update which completely changed the Surveyor interface and introduced all new bugs and brought back a few old ones. N3Vs ambivalent attitude to older content - one minute they nail their flag to the mast that they must support backward compatibility, the next they make changes that break long established scripting, then blame the asset authors that they should keep up!

However as noted and in context to this sub thread, the biggest issue is the disappointment when you find what looks like a nice loco only to find it aliased to a totally unsuitable cab and default GM or Alco sounds. If MSTS and DTG TS loco and stock builders can do proper cabs and sounds (North Wales Coast 2 for MSTS is an example) then why is it so lacking in Trainz.

The sad thing is, N3V know this but even in the light of competition from the likes of TSW they choose to ignore essentials such as better physics (support for vacuum and/or stepped braking) or a decent schedule/timetable editor in pursuit of carp like PBR textures.
    Vern.

Yup nothing personal against Phil or his excellent model railway layouts.

To keep my ramblings short, i agree with all your observations above, Vern.

Mike.