Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternatives to MSTS/OpenRails

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I have the same issue with MSTS AE when using on the main PC, which now feeds to a UHD/4K monitor at 3840 x 2160 or thereabouts and I CBA to keep changing the desktop resolution. So I may also give TrackViewer a spin.
    Hi Vern,

Yeah - you've got me beat but I recently upgraded to a 32" 2560x1440 (2K) Gsync monitor - it's a complete game changer for ORTS, TSRE and my modeling software - I don't know how I ever got by without it... Enjoy...

Track Viewer has the Advanced AI Shunting features built in as well for creating paths - couple/uncouple cars - horn blows - waits - play WAV - etc etc etc...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 02-04-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Not using any of the MSTS tools *ever* will vastly improve your experience...

I still use the RE because I'm stubborn and haven't had the time to dive into TSRE yet. My next laptop purchase will probably force that decision on me...
    Hi...

C'mon in the waters warm... One of the biggest effects that improve a route for me - is a properly painted ROW - I can't use a route without it... What used to take me many months to accomplish in Mosaic - I can do in a single evenings work with TSRE - it's enough to make you giddy - seriously...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 02-04-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi...

it's enough to make you giddy - seriously...

Regards,
    Scott
    Uh-huh, that's right.

Thanks for the advice. It inspired me to commit to learning route editing. I want to edit some existing routes first. I know I can't release them even though many routes could arguably be considered abandonware, but that is another topic. I love MSTS, particularly now we have OpenRails. Prior to that, it was a real love-hate relationship because it was unstable.

Is there a forum dedicated to Trackviewer? Its been a real pain building paths with it. I figure I'm doing things wrong.

Open up Trackviewer and click on help up top.
    Click on documentation and go the the website when prompted.
    It's all there.
    It's not really intuitive at all until you've worked with it for a bit.

Randy

Thanks for the advice.