Thread: File library and an idea for trainsimulations.

Default File library and an idea for trainsimulations.

WOW....I see even the Indians are giving up posting new content! I guess scots idea (request) fell on deaf ears. Regarding payware and trainsimulations, I got to thinking on the way home about there Seligman sub. We all know it's been around since Christ walked the earth and has been updated and redone time and time again. For people that are big fans of the transcon, WHAT if they did new routes covering new subdivisions? Say for example they did Belen New Mexico to Winslow Arizona? After that, Needles to Barstow or San Bernardino? And YES, I'm well aware of the fact that Bob Wirth pretty much did what I'm talking about but with todays MUCH better scenery, signals, along with Open Rails can you imagine the realism? This is just food for thought and I know it would take YEARS to complete so it's just and idea. What do you guys think? Of coarse this would also work for OTHER railroads as well.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman_47 View Post
    WOW....I see even the Indians are giving up posting new content! I guess scots idea (request) fell on deaf ears. Regarding payware and trainsimulations, I got to thinking on the way home about there Seligman sub. We all know it's been around since Christ walked the earth and has been updated and redone time and time again. For people that are big fans of the transcon, WHAT if they did new routes covering new subdivisions? Say for example they did Belen New Mexico to Winslow Arizona? After that, Needles to Barstow or San Bernardino? And YES, I'm well aware of the fact that Bob Wirth pretty much did what I'm talking about but with todays MUCH better scenery, signals, along with Open Rails can you imagine the realism? This is just food for thought and I know it would take YEARS to complete so it's just and idea. What do you guys think? Of coarse this would also work for OTHER railroads as well.
    Well, sounds like a great idea, so when are you starting this major project?
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

As a general reply, the team at TrainSimulations already has a laundry list of several in-progress routes, and none of them are on the BNSF Transcon. This is simply because we are each working on routes we find interesting, rather than doing requested routes that we do not have personal interest in. Spending many months or usually years on a route is already an enormous chore, and becomes even more so if you are working on a route that you do not have a significant personal interest in. If someone at TrainSimulations (it won't be me specifically, trust me) eventually years down the road decides to look at doing another segment of the Transcon, then so be it, but as of right now there are no plans for that to my knowledge. (Again my personal opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions or future plans of TrainSimulations, I am just saying what I know to be true.)

Personal suggestion: If this is something that anyone seriously desires, then it would probably save a lot of time for someone to build off of one of Bob Wirth's routes and improve the scenery, if appropriate permission could be obtained to do so. Bob's route tend to have generally pretty good trackwork, and it could be that some simple shape, texture, and terrtex substitution along with making custom ROW ballast terrtexes in TSRE would be a "good enough" solution to what you are asking. Still not a small project by any means, but possibly a more realistic approach than starting from scratch, again assuming Bob would grant permission to do an upgrade.
    Last edited by PerryPlatypus; 02-05-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML