Thread: Open rails grey areas II

Default Open rails grey areas II

A while back I Downloaded open rails and loaded it in the wrong place. All my routes started showing up in grey in spots. So I uninstalling open rails and tried installing my backup of my global folder and xtracks folder to my MSTS 2. And reinstalled open rails in the proper place. To no prevail I got the message overwrite not allowed for the global folder and and xtracks. I'm missing something.

If you have MSTS in your programs folder you will experience problems trying to write to it.
    Otherwise I don't know.

Randy

The two programs are separated open rails is in the default setting and msts has be installed according to steam4me.

The only reason I have a minimal MSTS install is for the registry entries to keep Route Riter happy. I don't use the MSTS structure or content for anything else. It's not on the C drive at all. It resides on an out of the way corner of my H drive. It's folders are empty for the most part.
    All of my content resides in folders on several drives for different proposes.
    I have a main trains install, on a 1TB hard drive, that includes the default routes in case I need to run an installme.bat. All of my routes and equipment are initially installed and made operational there.
    I have couple smaller SSDs that I copy content over to to actually run or modify.
    I have a third SSD that I install all of my "train" software on. OR, TSRE, Paint.net, Route Riter, Shapeviewer, etc, go here.
    I've set the permissions on all of these drives to allow full access to all users.
    The only thing on my C drive is the OS, Office, things I don't need full read/write access to.
    Check your folders permissions. Allow yourself full read/write access. Do not do this to your OS.
    Hope this helps.

Randy
    Last edited by rdayt; 02-05-2020 at 08:10 AM.