Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Canadian route to be released soon - Oakfield Subdivision Toronto.

Someone on the Steam forums has shared a video of a guy accessing the blocked areas... and finding them to be very unfinished. Link here (start at 9 or so minutes in to see it at its "best")

There is a mod somewhere that removes the invisible barrier, I don't know where you'd find it.
    Last edited by metalangel; 02-25-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    Someone on the Steam forums has shared a video of a guy accessing the blocked areas... and finding them to be very unfinished. Link here (start at 9 or so minutes in to see it at its "best")
    There is a mod somewhere that removes the invisible barrier, I don't know where you'd find it.
    Yeah, that's the guy from the Czech Republic who has been doing all the modifications recently for TSW. http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&nod1=33&nod2=2

I'm sure a mod for us to get round this track restriction practice will be along soon, but, if there is no scenery, or, it's placed right on top of the track, as in that You Tube video, then, it'll be pointless going anywhere near those locations.

And of course we've all had to pay for this and if we'd have known beforehand how many would have taken the plunge, and as it took more than 2 hours to sort out we wouldn't have been able to obtain a refund from Steam, so, we're shafted......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Yeah I seen that video, hilarious.

Do they have a mod NOT to kick you out when you cross the red signal. I doubt there is a mod to handle the power switches in manual mode.

Yes Scott was exploring and found all these walls that prevented him from exploring. Glad I stayed clear of this hot garbage.

Thanks

Sean

After watching the video my question to DTG would be how do you sleep at night charging money for this? Looks like it was rushed out with enough of it looking finished and working that the usual DTG fans would buy it so they could start work on whatever their next route is going to be and start the cycle again.

Quote Originally Posted by alvinkathage View Post
    After watching the video my question to DTG would be how do you sleep at night charging money for this? Looks like it was rushed out with enough of it looking finished and working that the usual DTG fans would buy it so they could start work on whatever their next route is going to be and start the cycle again.
    They sleep soundlessly, I'm sure, and a few Canadian railsimmers have now found out how DTG have made a mess of one of their local lines. You Australians have been commenting for years on social media that it's about time DTG did something from your country, I bet your wondering what sort of a shambles they would make of an Australian route now, should they consider constructing one in the future, be careful what you wish for.........lol

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

The prototypical industries they are blocking off is scrap metal on the east side where they recycle used automobiles. I'm not sure what the ones to the north of the industrial zone blocked off are but it is along the actual ports and appears to be ballast, sand, or some other kind of open hopper material.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by alvinkathage View Post
    That's because we're conscientious and care about how we'll appear if we do a lousy half-baked job. DTG doesn't care. It's very frustrating to see perfectly good game assets and mechanics squandered under a stifling or half-baked game structure.

I don't know if you remember the Operation Flashpoint series, but due to legal wranglings, Codemasters ended up with the name itself and decided to make their own game to pitch against the original developer's own sequel (Armed Assault, aka ArmA).

The original games (and ArmA) were all about combined arms operations, and you'd get to drive tanks and fly combat aircraft on top of being an infantryman. This all took place in a beautiful open world consisting of realistically sized islands with towns and roads and facilities, and all the vehicles had fully-rendered interiors that you could take multiple positions inside. Codemasters' game made all these assets, too, except they had an infantry-centric campaign so you almost never get to see or use any of those vehicles. The missions were all heavily scripted and timed, so you couldn't deviate from the plan and try different approaches, either.

To top it all off, it was pitched at the Xbox 360 and PS3 as well as PC (sound familiar?) and the console versions didn't get the mission editor so the ability to make your own setup to play around with the different locations and equipment wasn't possible. Two mission DLCs came out, and then Codemasters announced they were pulling the plug on further development less than six months after release. Console players petitioned them to port over the RTS-inspired conquer the island map that an enterprising user had made for the PC version with the editor, so that the game could be enjoyed as the open-ended tactical experience it had always intended to be. No dice. A sequel did eventually come out, and was much more linear, trying to steal Call of Duty's thunder, and was a resounding failure.

Speaking of pulling the plugs on things, don't forget that DTG pulled Flight Sim World's after a year.

I don't know if you remember the Operation Flashpoint series, ....etc
    Oh yes, I remember the original and the subsequent fiasco, as you've outlined.
    A good analogy with the DTG approach.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0