Thread: Fixing Bad Track AFTER Interactives

Default Fixing Bad Track AFTER Interactives

I found a bad track joint after I've placed interactives - Mileposts, Speedposts and Platform markers. Can I adjust the elevation for a couple of track pieces and not screw up my route?

Of course I'll have backups before attempting anything. Just wanted to get route builders opinions.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Yes. Just make your backup first, the fix the track. Been doing it this way for ten or twelve year without a problem in Route Editor.

Paul :-)

Paul has it right except for one detail. If there is a linked item, such as a signal, linked to one of the pieces
    you need to fix, you will get all sorts of nasty messages. Bottom line, delete the linked item first, then adjust
    the track, then replace the linked item and you should be okay. I've been able to do this too, for several
    years.

J. H. Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    Paul has it right except for one detail. If there is a linked item, such as a signal, linked to one of the pieces
    you need to fix, you will get all sorts of nasty messages.
    J. H. Sullivan
    Thanks for the sage advice. No linked interactives anywhere near the track pieces.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    Yes. Just make your backup first, the fix the track. Been doing it this way for ten or twelve year without a problem in Route Editor.

Paul,
    thanks. Good to know that experts have been doing this successfully. Not that I count myself as an expert.
    Chris

Are there any interactive objects between the bad joint and either a switch or an end node in either direction? If so, I'd delete them before moving any track around. You can replace them later - I usually place a static marker of some type so I know where exactly that milepost or something was

I hadn't thought of signals, I mostly have built routes with dark territory.

Pay attention to nodes... not just the adjacent track pieces but all the way to a junction/point/turnout/WNS of track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk