Thread: DM's Look Odd...

Default DM's Look Odd...

Wasn't sure which section to post this in. Was having issues getting DM's to generate in TSRE (tiles were there but no height data) so reverted to DEMEX which is where I also created the route terrain (due to other ongoing issues with TSRE ignoring the tile your cursor is on).

Now as per the following image, the DM's are created but have adopted an odd texture. I thought they were supposed to display the same as the route's terrain.ace, which is then changed later to something more suitable than moonscape green. Some help would be appreciated, to avoid frustrating me back to Trainz or DTG TS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern.

Well there's an oddity...

After moving about in TSRE a bit the weird 59 texture disappeared, now showing as standard moonscape.

Would still be interested in the cause though!
    Vern.

TSRE doesn't support DEMEX DM's. Just use TSRE to generate DM.
    Or just ignore this display bug if you don't want to modify DM textures in TSRE.

Thanks Goku - to note though I initially tried to create the DM in TSRE but although the relevant DEM was in the nominated folder and your program created the Lo Tiles, these were just flat without any hills showing.
    Vern.

You probably forgot to select the box to generate terrain from geo data before making distant terrain.
    In this case, you can remove DM and try again, or switch to distant terrain editing and load the data manually using load height button.

The other possibility, is that the DM area overlapped a line of latitude which is what I initially found with DEMEX and the relevant DEM wasn't in the folder.

Anyhow, it's all good now - thanks.
    Vern.