Thread: TrainSim on Window 10

Default TrainSim on Window 10

Mods, if this needs to go in the Computer Forum, please feel free to move.
    I've just recently got a new W10 'puter, moving from W7 64 bit. I've downloaded TS from Steam no problem and it plays absolutely fine.
    However there is one small problem which I need to sort. I have a 24" widescreen monitor, the same one I used on the W7 PC, but now on the new PC, the picture looks enlarged, and the cab control bar at the bottom of the screen is too large, and takes up maybe 3inches or more. It was probably only an inch deep on the old PC. It looks like, I'm guessing, what it would look like if it was playing on a 32bit machine, but to be honest I don't know as I've never played TS on a 32bit machine. Any advice please?
    Rysen5 2600, B450 m/b, 16gig DDR4 ram, Radeon Rx590 gpu, 2TB SSD. Averaging 100 FPS frame rate.
    Cheers, Trev.
    Last edited by Bambalam; 02-11-2020 at 03:04 AM. Reason: typo
    Cheers, Trev.
    Junior Member, but Senior Citizen

Have you tried adjusting your video settings, both on your desktop so it is set at your max screen resolution and in game? I have a UHD 3840 x 2160 (4K) monitor and TS runs fine at that resolution, albeit I have selected to run in borderless window mode to avoid other issues with the title. The default HUD is actually quite intrusive in the DTG game anyway, but it is still in proportion to when I played the game on a smaller monitor or my laptop.
    Vern.

Thanks for the swift reply Vern. I have reset the settings to 1920 x 1080 and it looks better, but the HUD still looks big compared to what it used to. Never noticed before, but when TS starts to load, it does say 32bit edition, so I guess it must be. Is there a 64bit edition? ( Also always played borderless)
    Cheers, Trev.

Yes - the 64 bit version is RailWorks64.exe but it won't run automatically from Steam. Just set up a shortcut for the 64 bit on your desktop or on the Task Bar and run TS from there.

What is the native resolution of your monitor? It's best to set TS to that resolution, and then start adjusting/experimenting with the graphics settings, both in TS and with whatever software you have for your graphics card.
    Alan
    See this thread for my railway photos https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...78#post1935978

Thanks Alan. Native resolution is 1920 x1080
    Cheers, Trev.