Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

G'day, I have started investigating some of the errors in the OR log and have a feeling that some are unneeded possibly obsolete entry's that MSTS ignored but OR marks as an error.
    Typical of this are:-

OpenRailsLog

Warning: Track node 1564 pin 0 has invalid link to track node 0 in F:\A Rename test\ROUTES\MLWIW01_V2\MLWIW01.tdb:line 18468

The entry in the TDB is like this:-

TrackNode ( 1564
    TrJunctionNode ( 0 29055 0 )
    UiD ( -12707 14728 196 0 -12707 14728 -492.91501 589.07501 394.21301 0 4.1586428 0 )
    TrPins ( 1 2
    TrPin ( 0 0 )
    TrPin ( 1563 1 )
    TrPin ( 1568 0 )
    )
    )

I think TrPin (0 0 ) may be one of these therefore I will back up the route and see what happens but have a feeling this could be something.
    Regards
    Barrie

G'day, tried the above by deleting "TrPin ( 0 0 )" and the game crashed, put the original TDB back and all back to as it was.
    Regards
    Barrie

My idea is to change "TRpins (1 2" to "(Trpins 1 1" as well. Give it a try, maybe this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day, tried the above by deleting "TrPin ( 0 0 )" and the game crashed, put the original TDB back and all back to as it was.
    Regards
    Barrie

TrPin ( 0 0 ) means that you have a switch with red pole not connected to anything. To fix this "error" just stick a track to the red pole in editor.

Never edit TDB by hand.

My greatest respect to John Sullivan, Lukas Lusser, Simon van de Laek, Peter and everyone else who contributed to the great MILW track addons for the MSTS / OR. I love these routes and have enjoyed driving them for years.
    you can only take your hat off.

Of course, I was very excited when Peter announced that he would include the passenger route via Spokane as an extension for the Idaho subdivision.
    (To do this is not a matter of course, because it takes time and nerves * smile *)

Of course, we should be aware that errors occur here and there in such a project.

So I consider myself part of the community to report it so others or Peter can fix it.
    Unfortunately, at the moment I myself lack the understanding to learn how to use the TSRE and thus perhaps to fix the errors myself.

Here are 3 Errors, wich i have located:
    - in Spokane near the Union Station are 2 switches, witch are not connected on the switch Side.
    (Maybe this causes 2 Errors in the OR Log File?)
    - Also there is near the UP Yard a little Gap
    - i think the nonfunctional Railroadcrossings are know
    - i remember on the Idaho Subdivision V1, there was after Avery Forest fire. Thats why there are Police and Fire Trucks on the Road.
    But now the Forest fire is gone?

Spokane1.jpgSpokane2.jpgSpokane3.jpg

I hope, i could help a bit.

I know GOOGLE-translated English isnt very well...

Greetings from Saxony/Germany
    Matthias
    From the Valley of the Windberg, i'm greeting you...

Matthias Fitz

Wink

Matthias,

First I am Jerry, not John, Sullivan. John Sullivan was a famous bare knuckle boxer
    back around 1900 or so.

I enjoy doing the routes. All of the routes east of Avery, ID to Harlowton, were
    cleaned up by Lukas, who combined the 4 subdivisions into two routes, RMD-EAST
    and RMD-WEST. He also repaired catenary issues.

I have supplied incomplete versions of the Milwaukee Road for some 500 miles
    east of Harlowton and I notice that both routes there have been downloaded a
    number of times. I have yet to finish the Great Falls line and I used, with
    permission, the Great Falls area which was done as part of the GN HiLine by
    Stefan who I believe is from one of the east Europe countries as well. He
    used a different coordinate system than I, so there is an adjustment east of
    GF several miles that does not actually exist.

Jerry Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

Oh my god Jerry, where was I just with my thoughts.
    I am very sorry that I misspelled your name.

Yes, I have already noticed that more miles of the Milwaukee are already available / in progress.
    At 35 years old I will definitely experience it once they appear with the scenery. Until then, however, I will be patient, as before.
    As you know, Rome wasn't built in one day.

To the Milwaukee Road: I was particularly interested in this railway company because it was one of the few that drove electrically over the Rockys.
    Too bad that it went under due to mismanagement.

Matthias Fitz
    From the Valley of the Windberg, i'm greeting you...

Matthias Fitz

Yes this a great route to run and it looks fantastic thanks to a lot of people.

Regarding the crossing issues, I have been correcting them on my own, once I worked out and found the various Versions Used in the route.
    The "Center-Line" that appears when using TSRE5 makes it very easy to get all the components of the Crossing Signals to line up, eases the work that was required in MSTS RE. The only other thing I found that I am also just correcting is the "Floating Vegetation". This is a common problem/issue with routes, whether Pay-Ware or Free-Ware, but is easily corrected thanks to TSRE5!

So far on an "Explore in Activity Mode" I have found some Treasures and some Issues. Really enjoying "Poking Around"!

Matthias,

The Milwaukee went under because of poor management and also because it was one
    railroad too many. The northwest was already saturated with the NP and GN by 1908
    and to a lesser extent by UP. Thus not only was there no great reason to have another
    route to the Pacific Northwest, but also the online towns were very small or not in
    existence. For example, several small towns in Montana became ghost towns within
    less than a decade after the demise of the railroad in 1980. My interest came from the
    fact that the L&N was far and away my favorite, but I also rode the Milwaukee Road
    from Chicago to Spencer, IA whenever I visited my aunt & uncle. I would ride the L&N
    and C&EI from Nashville, TN to Chicago & then the Milwaukee. I have in my list to do
    of routes, the GN over Stevens Pass. This is available as a very good commercial route
    but that includes only the current route. I will be rolling time back to a fictitious period
    around 1929 when the new Cascade Tunnel has just opened and is electrified, but at the
    same time, the old Cascade tunnel is in use (which would have been true for a few days
    around 1929) but for unknown reasons, the original switchbacks are still in place and
    can be used. (not electrified though). Tracks & most catenary is done.

J. H. Sullivan

Jerry,

GN over Stevens Pass sounds like a great route.

Robert