Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

With it being spanned files which I'm no fan of, but have learned how to install them, I suspect that somewhere along the line bootednancy did something wrong when putting the spanned files together.... I have started downloading it, but with a average of a hour and half download time for each file on the basic subscription, it'll be awhile before I get it all downloaded and put together to see what I get.....

Please try unchecking the .dds preference in the options. I have no other idea yet.

No need of acleantrack1.dds, I haven't changed anything with the original trackwork, tracks need acleantrack1.ace.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    Please all forgive me for not being precise before uploading. I had to delete the unnecessary .bat files, because they're for the version 1.

For the .dds problem, I don't know... I contacted Doug and sent him my email address, I hope we'll be smarter when we can check the log file.

Sorry again, I'm not expreienced yet at route building, nor at uploading.
    Don't be too hard on yourself so quick..... As I said in within this thread, spanned files are not my ideal choice, but I do understand why some go that route when doing large routes. If any part of the spanned file is not put together correctly, there's a good chance the user will have issues. So far only one person has reported a problem. It'll sort its self out. Either there's a issue with the files you uploaded, or users are doing something wrong when installing, or perhaps a combination of the two...….

Also no problem here. Thank you very much for all the hard work!

What I did:
    1) Dragged MLWIW01_V2.7z and MLWIW01_V2.7z.002 - MLWIW01_V2.7z.009 files to a folder on my desktop
    2) Opened MLWIW01_V2.7z with 7zip
    3) Created a new folder named MLWIW01_V2 on my desktop
    4) Selected all the files in the 7zip window and dragged them to the folder MLWIW01_V2 on my desktop
    5) Moved the folder MLWIW01_V2 to the Routes folder of the OR instance (d:\MILW)
    6) Dragged the contents of milwidd2_g.zip to a separate folder milwidd2_g on my desktop
    7) Moved the files from milwidd2_g to the GLOBAL folder of the OR instance (d:\MILW\GLOBAL

Works like a charm. Now hoping for someone to create activities. The operating system in my head is regrettably not compatible with TSRE5

Wim

Well..... I can't extract any of the .7z files. I get a error back saying it can't open the files as [7z] unexpected end of data. OK....I'll have to figure out what I did wrong.

EDIT TO POST. Gone stupid! I think...sorry for pun, I'm back on track.

NOPE! Still getting the same error I listed above. Been awhile since I messed with spanned files. I tried my other routes with spanned files, all MILW and I can put those together as per instructions just fine so I don't know what's wrong. Maybe I need a newer version of 7zip......
    Last edited by rt35ge; 02-12-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    Well..... I can't extract any of the .7z files. I get a error back saying it can't open the files as [7z] unexpected end of data. OK....I'll have to figure out what I did wrong.

EDIT TO POST. Gone stupid! I think...sorry for pun, I'm back on track.

NOPE! Still getting the same error I listed above. Been awhile since I messed with spanned files. I tried my other routes with spanned files, all MILW and I can put those together as per instructions just fine so I don't know what's wrong. Maybe I need a newer version of 7zip......
    Well...… For whatever reason, a newer version of 7zip was able to extract the files. Route installed and I don't see anything weird like bootednancy was encountering. So I don't know what to offer to help the person....

Default One More.

???????
    Attached Images Attached Images

West end of Calder, if I'm correct. M-tracks shapes are there. Mr Sullivan has just pointed out that I maybe had to state of needing M-tracks installed. Well, this information is in the original readme file what I also added to this package, but it would be the right way to add this info to my readme file too.

So the solution is: please install M-tracks package. It is in the file library.

I'll note the need of M-tracks in the next update, and it'll come soon. Nobody mentioned yet the missing transparency of the crop circles which I created to this route. They were functioning well until I resized them, then they lost the aplha channel.

I'm waiting a few days for other problems, and they'll be fixed in one update.

Thanks for testing: Peter

Quote Originally Posted by drjayyyy View Post
    ???????

I extracted all the files Correctly, in their respective folders. Got errors galore when starting in Open Rails.

I ran the route through Route Righter and the usual "Winter/Snow" Textures were missing. So were a number of other TEX files. RR found them all, eventually. Re-Started the route in Open Rails and all was good!

I do have questions though, if this route was run by "Testers" why are there so many instances of things not Appearing/Working?
    Signals show in the Track Monitor but not on the route. Crossings do not stop vehicles. Vegetation (trees) are not at ground level.

Other than these "Issues" it does look great and I do appreciate the work that went into this route. Really I do.

The trackage and scenery are A++!

Default Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

Good Evening guys

OK, have read through all the comments ideas....and started looking at what I know. I am feeling my way around learning the Open Rails system and the GOKU editors without being a Techie geek.

I did after the one suggestion, check my Open Rails control panel with all the Options tab...and come to discover EXPERIMENTAL DID have a box checked for "Load DDS textures in preference to ACE ones".............

Box is unchecked, so I will see what happens on the next run or if I have top go for install #5, since as I inspected the one track shape file found out it was calling for a DDS texture. appears that most of the straight track sections are, as most all curved sections appear normal

Thanks
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images