Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

I realized that there is a trackwork issue west of Mozart. I'll fix it. First update wil come in a few days.

Hi Oliver,

Is there an updated Sigconfig file? The issues with tiles will be hard to track down until I get past this annoying issue when trying to open in MSTS RE.

Robert

Hi Robert,
    I changed the signal draw state integer in line 2189 from 2 to 1, I hope it'll help. Please send me your email address and I send You a sigcfg file to test.

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Hi Oliver,

Is there an updated Sigconfig file? The issues with tiles will be hard to track down until I get past this annoying issue when trying to open in MSTS RE.

Robert

We'll see if we can fix that sigscr issue, and one more thing: on the original route, around Peedee station East end the program crashes when we hit F6 to see the siding names. I don't know why, but I'll try to find out, and after that all fixes will be released.

Oliver2,

There is also a issue in ORTS with forest objects (trees) coming too close, or even on, the track. I have noticed
    this starting west from Avery. Check your personal messages, I told you how to fix this in a private message
    a few days ago. It involves adding another folder to the route, and placing a file in it. ORTS will read the
    contents of this folder, but MSTS will ignore it.

Jerry Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    We'll see if we can fix that sigscr issue, and one more thing: on the original route, around Peedee station East end the program crashes when we hit F6 to see the siding names. I don't know why, but I'll try to find out, and after that all fixes will be released.
    Using TSRE go to the location tile where the crash occurs and with View=>TrackDB_Items ON see if the correct markers are displayed for all Siding, Platform, Crossing, MilePost, Speedpost and Signal locations . . .That is a Black Cube must be displayed above each respective object marker

The left track showing a Black Cube without a corresponding Signal marker is in error.

The Signal is in the TDB but is missing from the World File.

A Signal marker or any of the other markers I listed above without the black cube means it's in the World file but missing from the TDB.

In the Sim if you press F6 and there is a corrupted TDB entry for a Siding or a Platform it crashes the Sim. I don't know why there's no crash for screwed up signals, mileposts and speedposts but pnly corrupted siding and platform markers do so.
    I had to manually edit the TDB/TIT/World files to fix. Not nice!

regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thank You, I also managed to find it and it's fixed now.

All fixes have uploaded in a single release, it'll be available soon.

Note that MSTS compatibility is not solved yet, though it's not the primary goal.

Default The GAP version 2 - some info for Oliver2

Dear Oliver2 and all others reading this:

Easy installation of the route.

All references are done in EXPLORER mode

With an I7 3.6GHz processor and 16GB RAM the frame rate is not impressive, around 32 to about 85+.

The first I did was to take the PAT from East Spokane to Plummer, nice and no problems.
    Some problems with red signals which is green in track monitor.

Then I started from AVERY to ST MARIE and further towards PLUMMER.
    There is yellow signals in Explorer mode in MP1814,5, 1820 and one at about 1826 after exit from the ST MARIE station
    Before reaching MP1829 the program crashes.

The I went from OTHELLO towards AVERY
    MP1979 "White World" patches quite many
    MP1967 Still some of the white ones
    MP1940 PIZZARRO white world totally disappeared,

Many of the small stations there are red signals on the signal but green in the track monitor.

I think the car spawners are to heavy many places, and it will probably take some of the frame rates down

MP1922 some white patches again.
    MP1930 is 30 mph the correct speed limit here?
    MP1881 A buried yellow signal in the explorer mode

A lot of heavy trafic on the roads here.

MP1830 The program crashes in explorer mode.

When the car crosses the rail there is a lot at least 70 percent of the stop signals for the cars not working.

The sceenery of the route is impressive, sometimes the view are in the "expert" class.

But I think there is still something to do here for the experts.

I wish you all the best with your new route.

All the best from Norway and John

Peter;

I did not see any sigcfg.dat replacement file in the update and the error message 'trouble in line2189' still shows and as a result, failure to access the activity editor in MSTS..

I am running the route with the fixes in place. I have stopped for now in Roxboro, EB. So far all road crossings that have had traffic have not had traffic stoppages for my train.

Moe Smith

Thank You for pointing out the issues. Now I see that there's serious problems with the crossing signals. The crossing interactives moved out from the line of the roads in some case, I don't know why. Maybe because I unnecessarily checked in the snapping option when placed them. This is why some green signals have red light: they flip after placed down and closing the editor, so in that case the green light facing in the opposite direction.

Please define me the white patches, I don't see any such problems in that locations. Please post a screenshot of it.

I haven't had time to check all the issues, but later I will.

I really don't know why the fixed sigcfg.dat is missed so much, it's not an MSTS route.

A statement will follows this post.