Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

Hello Don,

As stated in the readme file, I left summer textures only, to keep the package under 2 gigabytes. I wanted it to be available not to premium members only. This is why it's reduced to summer season and this is why the zip cutted in pieces. I'm planning to release seasonal textures in the future.

Speaking of the other problems... Please give us some info about the location of the issues, maybe with some screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    I extracted all the files Correctly, in their respective folders. Got errors galore when starting in Open Rails.

I ran the route through Route Righter and the usual "Winter/Snow" Textures were missing. So were a number of other TEX files. RR found them all, eventually. Re-Started the route in Open Rails and all was good!

I do have questions though, if this route was run by "Testers" why are there so many instances of things not Appearing/Working?
    Signals show in the Track Monitor but not on the route. Crossings do not stop vehicles. Vegetation (trees) are not at ground level.

Other than these "Issues" it does look great and I do appreciate the work that went into this route. Really I do.

The trackage and scenery are A++!

Quote Originally Posted by bootednancy View Post
    Good Evening guys

OK, have read through all the comments ideas....and started looking at what I know. I am feeling my way around learning the Open Rails system and the GOKU editors without being a Techie geek.

I did after the one suggestion, check my Open Rails control panel with all the Options tab...and come to discover EXPERIMENTAL DID have a box checked for "Load DDS textures in preference to ACE ones".............

Box is unchecked, so I will see what happens on the next run or if I have top go for install #5, since as I inspected the one track shape file found out it was calling for a DDS texture. appears that most of the straight track sections are, as most all curved sections appear normal

Thanks
    Doug
    The "load DDS texture in preference to ACE" option has nothing to do with the problem. I leave this checked all the time, no matter what route I'm running...even the oldest ones. All that does is tell OR that if a model ( be it loco, wagon, route or whatever ) has both ace and dds -- to load the dds in preference to the ace, it does nothing else. Something got boinked when you set up the route. I'd dump the whole setup and start over clean.

Quote from manual:
    6.10.12 Load DDS textures in preference to ACE
    Open Rails is capable of loading both ACE and DDS textures. If only one of the two is present, it is loaded.
    If both are present, the ACE texture is loaded unless this option has been selected.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver2 View Post
    West end of Calder, if I'm correct. M-tracks shapes are there. Mr Sullivan has just pointed out that I maybe had to state of needing M-tracks installed. Well, this information is in the original readme file what I also added to this package, but it would be the right way to add this info to my readme file too.

So the solution is: please install M-tracks package. It is in the file library.

I'll note the need of M-tracks in the next update, and it'll come soon. Nobody mentioned yet the missing transparency of the crop circles which I created to this route. They were functioning well until I resized them, then they lost the aplha channel.

I'm waiting a few days for other problems, and they'll be fixed in one update.

Thanks for testing: Peter
    For those who have never installed M-tracks. READ the instructions. (ALWAYS WISE TO DO SO!!) If the package is not installed according to the readme, the files won't be extracted properly thus no M-tracks.

Default Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

OK....one last try at this...................

I reloaded EVERYTHING..............M-tracks, the version 2 GLOBAL folders and a new build of the 9 MILIWO2 program. Started Open Rails program, and THE SAME THINGS HAPPENS....NOTHING IS CHANGED.

I am still getting grey boxes where tracks should be..I don't know what the blazes is wrong, but this is getting frustrating.

Last night I found one shape file (A1t100mStrt) was calling for DDS files......I am tempted, despite the long process with all the shape files, of opening them up in Archibald or Shape File Manager and finding out what the corrupt ones causing this are.

How they are corrupt I have no idea, but according to you guys I should not be getting this, BUT I AM Kimo Sabe

Two current pictures of what I am getting from this new install.

Any help is needed
    Thanks
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

OK guys........final frustration before bedtime SOLVED THE PROBLEM.................

I commenced my "threat" of opening all the track S files...and discovered something odd...almost 3 of every 4 shape files called for the DDS formats of Acleantrack1,2,3 etc

I then discovered I must have a corrupt or some other (perhaps European version) install of X-tracks in the System Program that contains all my Western USA routes..............something that was NOT obvious, as other routes ran fine in this same install without the problem I was having with the Milwaukee Road route.

Problem solved with a new X-tracks install, and we're back to normal at Avery (picture shown) Yard.........................

........so could it have been my Northern Pacific "Mainstreeter" train on the Milwaukee that did it Cochise???

Thanks for all your ideas and help, and now I hope to enjoy what everyone says is a great route creation

Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug, I'm happy You managed to solve this. Have fun with this route and please tell us if any other problems occur.

I have encountered a problem with making activites for this route....
    When i try to teleport to Lind or Morengo, Warden and Otello TSRE5 crashes. Was in the middle of makig activity.
    Last edited by gammaray84; 02-13-2020 at 12:15 PM.

then discovered I must have a corrupt or some other (perhaps European version) install of X-tracks in the System Program that contains all my Western USA routes...
    You probably went wrong way earlier...
    The Xtracks shapes calling for dds textures are part of the new Trainsimulations routes for OpenRails (like BNSF Seligman or the demo route from the OR website), which get installed automatically by the installer. That's why the installer warns you not to install the content to your MSTS folders. To fix it, you only need to reinstall standard Xtracks and overwriting the TS supplied files.

Greetings

Yes. I can do that. eg: Floating bushes approx-47.162840 / 117.691600

I hope that is close enough for that. What about the Visible Signal Masts/Heads? There are none on the route but show in the Track Monitor.

I mentioned the missing "snow" textures just in context because so many people usually find this. I expected it, I wish there was a way of making RR happy when these are truly missing.

I don't know what causes this, the original route also had this issue. Anyway, Goku solved it. In the TSRE settings.txt, there is a line: "useQuadTree". It has to be disabled, so if there is "useQuadTree = true", you have to change to "useQuadTree = false". I hope that it'll help You too.

Quote Originally Posted by gammaray84 View Post
    I have encountered a problem with making activites for this route....
    When i try to teleport to Lind or Morengo, Warden and Otello TSRE5 crashes. Was in the middle of makig activity.