Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

Default Missing Signal Shape Shows in TkkMon

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Yes. I can do that. eg: Floating bushes approx-47.162840 / 117.691600

I hope that is close enough for that. What about the Visible Signal Masts/Heads? There are none on the route but show in the Track Monitor.

I mentioned the missing "snow" textures just in context because so many people usually find this. I expected it, I wish there was a way of making RR happy when these are truly missing.
    Hi Don,

Please be aware that a missing signal shape/head that does show in the Track Monitor can be caused by TDB corruption but also can be a feature where the route author wanted 'buried' (out of sight) signals for a reason.
    The OR log will tell you if this is the case.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Floating bushes found, the fix will be available soon. Thank You!

Speaking of the signals: The Plummer-Marengo section was "dark territory", unsignalled, traffic ran according to train orders. If You're missing signals from here, well it's made that way by purpose. Yes, You can see them on the track monitor, because in the MSTS era, train meetings needed signals even in unsignalled routes, so signals were placed and then buried underground. If I'm correct, ORTS can handle train meets without signals, but they remained in-place, just in case if MSTS compatibility will be possible in the future.

On the other half of the route, the signals are truly there, at least on my installation. Please confirm that signals missing somewhere other than the dark territory, and please give me an example with coordinates or station name.

Peter

Yes. I can do that. eg: Floating bushes approx-47.162840 / 117.691600

I hope that is close enough for that. What about the Visible Signal Masts/Heads? There are none on the route but show in the Track Monitor.

I mentioned the missing "snow" textures just in context because so many people usually find this. I expected it, I wish there was a way of making RR happy when these are truly missing.

Thank you Peter for clarifying that aspect for me, and probably others. I have yet to explore the whole route, I am using the Westbound Generic right now, does the Eastbound Generic cover the Signaled territory? Thank you.

I did have to add this line in and now it is working.

Thank you oliver2
    Hace a good day sir

The Highway crossing at East End Revere is not stopping traffic, at the switch just before the elevator.
    Near 47.077300 / 117.928700.

Strange thing, in one lane the traffic stops, but on the other direction, it isn't. A placed a buried crossing signal so now it's OK. Will be included in the fix. Thank You!

The Highway crossing at East End Revere is not stopping traffic, at the switch just before the elevator.
    Near 47.077300 / 117.928700.

Default Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

Thank you mmax 45581:

That is exactly what I did..........I downloaded the Streamlines DEMO Route, and that is what happened...it self installed the DDS shape files and contaminated my Global folder for the set that contains my other Western railroad routes......just that it made a sore-thumb out of the Idaho Division.

Haven't looked if it did anything to the other routes, as I haven't run them in a long time...but probably did.

Situation gone as I reloaded the original X-Tracks files.

Thanks
    Doug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good day to all.
    I found another issue, this might be textures related, not sure...

Just north of Othello, or if you go from Othello, there is some problem with color, suppose that white color should be transperent?

Open Rails 2020-02-14 08-01-23.jpg
    Last edited by gammaray84; 02-14-2020 at 02:34 AM.

It was already reported by others, and yes, it's missing alpha layer. Will be fixed, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gammaray84 View Post
    Good day to all.
    I found another issue, this might be textures related, not sure...

Just north of Othello, or if you go from Othello, there is some problem with color, suppose that white color should be transperent?

Open Rails 2020-02-14 08-01-23.jpg

Other than the kinks mentioned earlier in this thread, thanks for the new route!!! Well done