Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

Default Something rotten on the ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

Hello Guys:

I installed the new version of the Milwaukee Idaho Division today, and it will not work.

First, I AM RUNNING IT in Open Rails...........I go to start the "green screen" to select what I want (Explore & trainset). I have installed all the parts via 7-zip, and the Global folders to the system Global. Run the Install and Update Me BATS as I presume required The route DOES NOT appear on the list of routes.

I opened the MLWIW01_V2 and noticed the TRK file is not there. As an experiment I copied over the TRK file from the original version 1 route. Finally it starts to load but crashes being now missing the TIT, RIT and TDB files, which I also then copied over.

Finally it fully loads and I get to see my train in Avery Yard where I will start the Explore..........HOWEVER.....I now get this???
    It looks like it's missing a ground texture?? or track texture I can't figure out........no obvious clue in the OR desktop Log file, other than a few equipment errors in the consistitself.

Is something flooey with this route or are we missing files that are not there???

Any help or others on this problem appreciated.

Thanks
    Doug
    Avery Yard.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

The v2 trk and other files are in the v2 patch zip file.

The v1 trk file is giving you the missing stuff.

Did you run installme.bat before updateme.bat?
    Cheers
    Derek

Hello Doug,

I am the uploader. I don't think you have to run any .bat files, if there's any bat files, they were for the original V1 route.

Before uploading, I grabbed the whole zipped stuff, extracted them and put them to a plain installation, and it worked, so for now I don't know what is your problem. I'm not at home now, where my TS stuff is, so I'll look at it later. Until that, please send me or post here the openrails log file, it contains useful information to investigation.

And maybe try not to run the .bat files, just unzip route and Globals and run ORTS.

Yes i can confirm, there is no Patch folder... I ran Installme.bat and updateme.bat. Nothing happenes. Route does not show up....
    Maybe i have to have versioon 1 ?

Update to my last post:
    Route works, just don't run any bat files

When you uncompress route you just have to put it Routes dir and that is it.

OK guys, thank you for your replies.

There is NO V2-Patch.zip file anywhere in this mess......just the 9 route files and the Global folder.

I ran the Install Me BAT file first, then the Update Me BAT.

As for what I see in that picture I included.............I went into the Goku TSRE5 program and selected one of the blank track shapes to see what file one of them was..
    I then opened that shape in Archibald, and discovered something strange.........the blank shapes have Acleantrack1 and Aclaeantrack2.DDS as their files................WTF???? Those texture files are usually ACE format in every route I have. not DDS..........now WHERE are you supposed to find THEM??? They are not in any of the 9 files for this route

How much more of it is missing in order to make this thing work?????????

I will try and load the route with just the un-zipped form without the BAT files...but it is missing the TDB, TIT, TRK files and as gammaray84 said, it does not show up in the route listing when you start Open Rails.........

I just wish we could have routes that aren't missing things and will run. Thanks for your help so far.
    Doug

OK....fourth try on this route.............I extracted it and installed it as suggested by "gammaray84", getting rid of the BAT files.

So far so good, everything was there and the route was recognized by OR and was able to be started.........so the first attempts with the BAT files seem to wipe out other files and cause the route not to work.

I started at Avery Yard again, and again the SAME problem with the track textures, since there are NO DDS files, only ACE files, so many track sections turn up as grey boxes........... pictures uploaded. Try looking at "A1t100mStrt.s" as one of the culprits with this texture problem

I have tried to attach the OR Log text file, but it will not accept it since it is larger than the 19kb limit for a text file.....

I will have to find your e-mail oliver2 and send it to you directly so you can read it.

Thanks again for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bootednancy; 02-12-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Here is the OR Log file in a zip folder
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please all forgive me for not being precise before uploading. I had to delete the unnecessary .bat files, because they're for the version 1.

For the .dds problem, I don't know... I contacted Doug and sent him my email address, I hope we'll be smarter when we can check the log file.

Sorry again, I'm not expreienced yet at route building, nor at uploading.

I did try starting at Avery yard and i have no missing textures. For me its working very well, so far... test.jpg