Thread: BNSF Seligman For Open Rails Activities

Default BNSF Seligman For Open Rails Activities

Does anyone know of a source for activities written for the BNSF Seligman Sub by Train Simulations for Open Rails? I am not very good at creating my own activities and am tired of the few that came with the route.

Can the activity editor native to MSTS be used to create activities for this route?

Rich K
    See my pix at RailPictures.net
    Visit my web site The Railfan Gallery

Can the activity editor native to MSTS be used to create activities for this route?
    Rich,
    That's what I used to create all the activities on the PRR_Eastv2 route. No problem doing so. Which was a bit surprising to me being that the route editor barfed when loading the route.
    So yes, the MSTS Activity will probably work.
    As always, backup before and after any editing.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_K View Post
    Does anyone know of a source for activities written for the BNSF Seligman Sub by Train Simulations for Open Rails? I am not very good at creating my own activities and am tired of the few that came with the route.

Unlike Vince, I'm not so certain...doesn't the stock in the OR BNSF Seligman use dds files instead of ace? If so, won't that cause the MSTS-AE to choke? And if the activities that came with the route use OR specific parameters in the activity file, the MSTS-AE could erase those?
    Just wondering.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

If MSTS editors do not find the lines of code that it's looking for in the files that it reads, it chokes.
    If MSTS editors find lines of OR specific code in the files that it writes, it removes them!

We need an activity editor for OR that lays the activity out in front of us so that we can see it at a glance, like we had in MSTS. Then we'll see real growth in OR specific activities created for OR specific routes.

Rich,

I would highly encourage making or modifying any activities for TrainSimulations ORTS routes with TSRE 5. Although the interface is dramatically different to what you may be used to with the MSTS AE, once you get the hang of it its worth sticking with for at least ORTS content. There's much more that can be done with TSRE as well.

EK

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    We need an activity editor for OR that lays the activity out in front of us so that we can see it at a glance, like we had in MSTS. Then we'll see real growth in OR specific activities created for OR specific routes.
    The volunteer OR developer that was working on the OR Activity editor posted this yesterday at Elvas Tower:

Hello,
    After a very long absence, I would like to resume my work on the Activity Editor. The first developments are encouraging. I would like to use these first tests in the simulator but I hesitate between exporting to MSTS format or using XML. What do you think about it?

Stef
    very encouraging...
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Very Good News