Thread: Protrain Karwendelbahn deluxe not working

Default Protrain Karwendelbahn deluxe not working

Hi!
    I have been installing the protrain addons and so far all working fine, except the Protrain Karwendelbahn one and the one i have is the deluxe version that has improved details and i think may possibly have dbtracks or something else built into it

basically this addon will crash to desktop if i try to run any of its activities (and also when i tried DB tracks versions of another route that one was constantly crashin during activities, the non DBtracks version woks fine)

i would like to know what it is might else need for MSTS in order to get either Karwendelbahn and or DBtracks working properly

my current version of MSTS is 1.4 with Newroads and Xtracks install

does DBtracks (the version that comes on the Protrain DVD) require different patches and updates and 3rd party stuff?
    sorry to enquire about this,

No need to apologize.

ProTrain Karwendelbahn deluxe with DB tracks runs without problems in MSTS (and in Open Rails) on my computer. DB tracks does not require any additional patches, updates or 3rd party stuff.

Some questions:
    Can you run Protrain Karwendelbahn deluxe in explore mode in MSTS?
    Do you get any error message when MSTS crashes?
    Do you have additional routes with DB tracks (other than Protrain Karwendelbahn and that other route you mentioned)? Do they also crash your system?
    In the "Global\Shapes" folder of your MSTS installation there should be a subfolder "DB" containing the DB tracks shape files (extension ".s"). Could you check if that is the case?

Uli

hi Uli

what i have done in the interim is i uninstalled Karwendelbahn but then attempted the Karlsruhe-basel PT12 and it had the same problems

I do though have

PT rheinttal
    PT 2
    PT3
    PT6 DELUXE
    PT 11 DELUXE
    PT 13 DELUXE

installed in the msts install and they all work fine - i assume the deluxe ones have DBtracks already installed in them?

there is a DB folderin the shapes folder full of files

something else i did is that i have a backup version of MSTS that is just patched to 1.4 version and nothing else and i installed PT 17 deluxe into it and it works (i will try karwendelbahn with it tomorrow)

i have a few more PTs and also a bunch of other addons - German Railroads XXL, some British route releases, Bridge line - it liooks like i will be making quite a few MSTS folders -
    i tried to use Trainstore but it was refusing to recognise my Train.exe and also doesnt seem able to use lanauge options

Hi,

PT Rheintal, PT2, PT3, PT6 DELUXE, and PT11 DELUXE do not have DB tracks installed in them originally. PT6 DELUXE and PT11 DELUXE, however were sold with DB tracks later.

PT12 DELUXE, PT13 DELUXE, PT17 DELUXE and PT Karwendelbahn DELUXE were sold as a package in Germany (called "Einsteigerpaket"). The versions of those routes from that package have DB tracks installed. Before that, those four routes had already been sold without DB tracks separately.

To find out if your versions of the Protrain routes have DB tracks you can open the XXX.trk files in the main folder of each route with Wordpad or any other unicode editor and look for the "name" line (near the top of the file). If the route has DB tracks you should find the words "DB Tracks" (or something like that) in the "name" line.

Uli

That is interesting, because yes I do have the einsteigerpaket - my installation of Msts itself though is from discs in the railarts collection im Norden set. But given the Msts install itself just seems to be the standard discs in either case i did not think it would matter which option I went with for the base install.

After I installed Msts then I installed the update and class50 and sd40 add-ons (though I think they were already present) and I installed the content on the rail arts disc containing the pt add-ons it brings - pt6, 11, 13. I did install one of them with the dbtracks enhancement come to think of it, but that route was crashing mid game at the same certain points, so I uninstalled it and just installed the normal deluxe version without dbtracks and the crashes went away.
    I wonder if doing all has then caused karwendelbahn to crash - it would crash when in loading it got to the installation of the Benuetzeroberflaeche.

I will have a look and see if any of the routes are using db tracks now

Quote Originally Posted by uli2 View Post
    Hi,

PT Rheintal, PT2, PT3, PT6 DELUXE, and PT11 DELUXE do not have DB tracks installed in them originally. PT6 DELUXE and PT11 DELUXE, however were sold with DB tracks later.

PT12 DELUXE, PT13 DELUXE, PT17 DELUXE and PT Karwendelbahn DELUXE were sold as a package in Germany (called "Einsteigerpaket"). The versions of those routes from that package have DB tracks installed. Before that, those four routes had already been sold without DB tracks separately.

To find out if your versions of the Protrain routes have DB tracks you can open the XXX.trk files in the main folder of each route with Wordpad or any other unicode editor and look for the "name" line (near the top of the file). If the route has DB tracks you should find the words "DB Tracks" (or something like that) in the "name" line.

Uli
    okay you are right there are none of hte protrai routes with teh DBtracks or anything similar in their name int he trk files

why then is there a DB folder in the shapes folder? was it created by my temporary installation of Karwendelbahn? i notice there is still the remants of the Karwendelbahn route in the folder - i guess i should delete that folder being that it is uninstalled now.

should i remove the DB folder from shapes if none of the routes are using it i dont know why it is there, perhaps i should leave it

i wonder how much more PT i can stiick in the installation where i have the 6 protrain add ons already

its annoying and confusing because the German Railroads XXL packet is not just a massive bundle of the germain rail and trains addons buy also it has 2 Aufgabenpakete for PT1-10- would it be possible to install it with 10 PTaddons?

looking at things more - i think the issue is with trying to install the addons that are on the Einsteigerpaket dvd to other installatins of MSTS, because i see in the brief install details for the einsteigerpaket, it says to install its addons in the order they are given and i see that they are labelled differently to the normal PT addons even in and i read somewhere something about PT 13 having some database that was needed for DBtracks

its quite confusing really what exactly hte einsteigerpaket expects the setup for msts to be for it, let alone dbtracks