Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

Default ORTS MILW Idaho Division V2 Route

Hello, I have just completed the Westbound Generic Activity for this new route without an issue, as far as running it.
    Now I am trying to run the other included Act, Eastbound Generic Activity with no luck. OR has given me a whole list of Signal Errors again. I had this with the Westbound Act, but after running the route through RR, I got it working properly.
    This is a great looking route with a lot of work put into it.

I have included the OR Log with the errors from today.
    OpenRailsLog.zip

Don,

In his other thread I have noted lots of issues in and around Spokane. The way he packaged the route has caused the route to be out of build sync. He needs to release a known good copy of the file structure in the main route folder of his working good copy.

Robert

Sounds like there is a plan in place.

It is and will be a Great Route!

Hi Robert,

No other one reported those issues yet, are You sure that the problem is in the route, and not on your machine?

G'day Don, I just looked at your OpenRailsLog file and it as far as I can see just what I got. Both sessions run fine for me but gets a bit jittery in places where the frame rates get a bit low, I am wondering if the faults may be the cause of some of the low frame rates and jitters.
    This is a nice route and if I had a better PC it would probably go a lot better, cant afford it on an aged pension.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is the MILW Idaho Division abandoned now or does another railroad operate any of it?
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Rick,

I think the track was ripped up and the ROW sits abandoned now.

Don't quote me on that though.

Robert

As far as I know, the freight route is almost completely abandoned. The Marengo-Spokane-Plummer passenger route was an UP asset with MILW rights (except Manito-Plummer, that was MILW ownership), it's still alive, with UP service to Plummer.

From Plummer to St Maries is the only part of the classic mainline which was operated by a logging railroad after the MILW. But the trestle at Peedee was about to being close down, so I don't know what is happening now there.

This railroad (the STMA) operated also the former MILW branch south of St Maries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    Is the MILW Idaho Division abandoned now or does another railroad operate any of it?

Only two relatively short segments remain, Warden WA to Othello WA on the extreme west end run by the Columbia Basin Railroad, and the St Maries ID to Plummer ID run by the St Maries Railroad (across a couple if doozie MILW bridges and trestles) to support the lumber mill in St Maries. At Plummer, the St Maries (ex-MILW) connects to UP which always had trackage rights between Manito and Plummer to connect to what remained of their Wallace Branch (Wallace ID is the town that 'blows up' in the movie Dante's Peak). When MILW quit, UP took that line segment over.

The MILW main between Plummer ID and Marengo WA never had signals since it was freight only. MILW passenger trains jumped off at Plummer to run to Spokane. From Plummer to Manito, MILW owned and UP had trackage rights, from Manito to Spokane the UP owned it and the MILW passenger traffic had rights on UP. At the west end of the great Spokane foray, MILW passenger trains returned to the main at Marengo via trackage rights on the SP&S and UP's ex-Spokane International.

I can confrm that in Spokane for some reson my frames drops. From 60 to around 50, and it is jittery. I get it around yards and if i point my view out of the yard its all good...