Thread: Activity editor and Route editor don't show after re-install of MSTS

Default Activity editor and Route editor don't show after re-install of MSTS

I can't access these editors! Can anyone help please?
    Sinclair97

Hi sinclair97,
    You really need to tell us where your MSTS is installed and what Operating System you're using. Also, what graphics card are you using - if it's not NVIDIA then you could well have problems!

For openers, have you followed the Win 7 tutorial on Steam4Me when re-installing MSTS (https://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/...g_msts_w7.html) AND set train.exe and launcher.exe to "Run as an administrator" from their respective Properties > Compatibility tabs?

Cheers,
    Ged

Thanks for replying Ged,

The Steam4me tutorial is quite comprehensive. I installed MSTS on an external drive. My OS is Windows 7 home premium. My graphics card is Nvidia is Geoforce GTX 660 X 2 (I have a professional 30 inch screen which requires two graphic cards). After many years, I don't think I'm going to take up MSTS again ( I'm having great time on American Truck Simulator--stunning photorealistic scenery).

I noticed you are also based in the UK. fifteen years ago, I created an activity called the "GAUNTLET" featuring 50 trains, and in the description I said " The aim is to maintain a constant 135/136 mph throughout the 18 minutes of attack which hopefully will get you through the rest of the journey to Baltimore unmolested. If you go too fast i.e. above 139 mph you will get a penalty stop which means the death sentence. Just before you get to a red signal via the Track Monitor press the tab key two or three times as this will let you through in spite of being told "Permission refused!" There is only one place on your journey that
    you must slow down to 75 mph, and that is between mileposts 17 to 19.5 at which point the train in front of you which has slowed down disappears, but watch out for the red train which creeps up on you at this point (milepost 19.5) but it reverses at this signal, so after that push your speed
    up to 136 mph again and ignore all speed limits and restrictions shown on the track monitor other than the 136 mph which you must stick to. But watch out in addition to the chasing TGVs there is a class fifty that is going to block your way at 12.8.50., so keep to the time schedule."

You are welcome to have it you wish. My email: [email protected].

Thanks again Michael
    Sinclair97

Hi Michael,
    That sounds an interesting activity!! With all the other things I am doing within MSTS/ORTS at the moment, I don't seem to have much time for actually running trains!! However, I'd like to have a go at it sometime, so will contact you by email - thanks

Cheers,
    Ged