Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd missing track shape?

Default Odd missing track shape?

Hi All,

Having an issue with A1t500r10.s and .sd. Building a route and have that piece used in quite a few places. Ran a test run today, and I have one section that alarms as "Missing Extended Shape Data". What's confusing me, is that is a placement in the middle of a curve...same section before and after the bad one. How do I either fix this or remove the bad section? I even tried relaying the curve with different curve radius sections to avoid the "so far" un-removable ghost section.

Any thoughts or a point in the right direction would be of great help.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

Isn't it supposed to be A1t500r10d.s and .sd? If that's what you meant to type, then it is odd that it's missing

Yes, my error - A1t500rd.s and .sd Just for giggles, I loaded a new game from the disc to an external hard drive, copied the errant files over to the main files and I still get the same problem. Missing.jpg

What you have is a TDB error. The error report is that there is a track vector without a matching shape file entry in the W file.

If you have not installed interactives, there's a good chance the MSTS Rebuild track database will clear that out. (The MSTS Rebuild Track Database eliminates interactive placement.)

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

Great! Where do I find this rebuild database at? Sorry, just an old guy learning new tricks.

When you start the MSTS RE, at the bottom left of the route selection pane is a button labelled Advanced.

Select the route first, push the advanced button, then check the box next to Rebuild Track Database.

TrackDatabase Rebuild.jpg

The MSTS RE will now fly about the route, writing a new Route.tdb and route.tit as it goes. It is complete when a message appears 'all tiles visited'.

Advisories: This can hang (stops on one tile forever) or fly off to the Lesser Magellanic Cloud (camera flys in one direction without stopping.
    If either of these do happen, it will require Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up the Task Manager to regain control. If either does happen, use Route Riter and the embedded TSUtils to find out what else is wrong with the route and fix those problems before attempting another Rebuild.

Doug Relyea

Awesome, will give this a shot after the coffee kicks in! Thank you!!!

OK...This is what I came up with. "remove_end_end" one non_vector, one vector. Now is figuring out how to fix it. As a note, there are NO interactives ...just single track and a road for reference location.
    Last edited by notch8; 02-17-2020 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Just so I'm understanding this.

- You started the Rebuild Track Database.
    - It ran until it got to that white line with blue poles.
    - When it threw up the message?

Doug Relyea

Yes. During the rebuild, I had 8 notifications pop up, same message that shape file couldn't be located, all within the same general area as the one missing section of track. Final message was the "remove_end_end" message. When clicking "OK" at that point, the editor shuts down and closes with a Windows error. I may just scrap the entire route and start over - keeping in mind where I had this issue and lay the curve with A1t500r1d parts as opposed to r10d...or remove that part of the route entirely. The rest of the route has no issues.

The part of the route with the problem was removed back in the early 1950's (was trying to do a late 1940's to early 1960's) recreation of an eastern part of South Dakota, namely Watertown to Redfield. Watertown to Brookings and Huron are all in working order. It was something to try and learn new skills with as I went along.