Thread: ai traffic stuck at red signal on seemingly clear track

Default ai traffic stuck at red signal on seemingly clear track

okay sorry i will hopefully stop annoying everyone with my incessant inane queries, and if there is a guide on this i can read somewhere then pleas elet me know - the problem i have is with two ai consists where they are both stopped at a row of red signals, they are both on separate tracks and there is nothing coming the opposite way

what will cause AI to be stuck at red lights?

for more context - on one of the tracks the AI (an xpt) is stuck at there is a freight on the same line but going in the same direction as it, and many many 10s of miles ahread of it, - might this cause the AI to be stuck at teh start of that section of tack where the other AI freight train started? how can i get the light to be green for the XPT - i want it to have priority in any case

and in the other instance i have a 48class loco stuck at the same red signal array, and its track is just one that goes to a dead end, but there is a single grain hopper at the end of it, so i was wanting the 48 to drive over to it and stop at it, thereby coupling to i- is this how i get AI to couple? - is that grain hopper on the track what would be cause the red signal?

Did you try asking for permission?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterman View Post
    Did you try asking for permission?

Peter
    hi Peter - i am not sure i understand what you mean - how do i make AI ask for permission to pass a red signal?

I any case i solved the issue - i found that i had accidentally neglected to switch my XPT back on to the left hand track after leaving the station ,
    and i removed the static car on the track of the other one - i had wanted it to couple with teh static car but i guess i will have to learn how specifically one does that in the AE