Thread: Track Speed is 0

Default Track Speed is 0

I'm trying to use TSRE Activity Editor to build scenarios. However, I ran into this problem with the NS Piedmont Route. My track speed limit is green even though I have green signals. My OR log file is included. I noticed it says Track Signal not found. Could this be a Sigcfg.dat issue?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It looks like there is something seriously wrong with the signal files. There are a whole mess of signal types that are probably missing from the sigcfg file that signals in the route are trying to use. Short of finding a sigcfg with these types, I don't see how you could fix it

If you are using TSRE for activity creation only, you need to make sure the proper flags are set in the SETTINGS.TXT file to prohibit TSRE from writing to the TDB.

Looks like it is too late for that copy of the route.

What flags need to be set? I just went in and set the TDB flag to false. I did a reinstall of the route and just readded the activity and the track speed is 0. The AI traffic appear to have proper speed limits.

TSRE appears to be a great tool. I am excited and ready to learn. However, I don't want it to screw up all my routes because I'm learning and goof the settings.

Right!

Build a 1 tile practice route. Took me 30 minutes to generate the basics for route building, practiced for 3-4 months and then practiced some more rebuilding the PRR-East to it's present v2 form. Pretty neat that TSRE is. I donated 100 silvers because I'm a retires systems engineer and I know good code when I see it. Well worth twice the amount I donated!

regards,

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I re-did the activity, and I have track speed again. Part of me thinks I might have done something wrong placing a static consist. It could have been the path. I don't know. I'm determined to make this work though. I want develop switching activities with AI traffic to pressure me to complete tasks and make it realistic.

I will practice building a route before I try to edit routes. I would like to turn MacTier into a CSX route with a lot of crossings and stuff to keep drivers occupied. I'm not saying Trainsimulation doesn't do great work, but it can get boring dragging a heavy train around.

Is TSRE still taking donations?

AFAIK, no.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"