Thread: Extended AI Train Shunting in Activity Editor

Default Extended AI Train Shunting in Activity Editor

I was reading in the manual that all the extended AI train shunting can be done in the MSTS AE without need for post-processing

it says for "Extended AI Function 5 (AI train uncouples any number of its cars)" that the waiting point is in decimal notation eg 4NNSS where NN is no. of cars in front of AI train and not uncoupled and SS is duration of waiting point - how do i enter this in the AE? when i make a waiting point it just requests the wait time in secods - where do i put a decimal notation instead?

thanks

Default Extended AI Train Shunting in Activity Editor

Hi...

If you can’t enter it in the time block you may need to edit the text file if using MSTE editor...

It’s far easier to build paths in ORTS Track Viewer - then when you create a wait point - all the available Extender AI Shunting options appear in a pop-up window for you to select...

There’s really no reason to use any of the old MSTS Tools with ORTS as they have better alternatives...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scottb613; 02-19-2020 at 04:39 AM.

Even activity making and loose consists?
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    Even activity making and loose consists?
    Hi Rick,

Yes - I make my consists in TSRE - I make my PATHS in ORTS Track Viewer - and I use TSRE [F4] to build activities... TSRE AE gives you the added benefit of seeing your LC's placed in the normal TSRE window - so you can see exactly which cars you are playing with...

And to be able to do it all natively at 2560x1440 on my 32" 2K monitor is truly a godsend...

The only MSTS tool I still lean on occasionally is the MSTS RGE for Distant Mountains - as I just haven't taken the time to figure them out in TSRE yet...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 02-19-2020 at 06:58 AM.

okay thanks, i am not familar with the OR tools yet, - what is TSRE F4? i did install tsre5 and have used it to make some consists, i didnt see any activity editor with it - "TSRE AE"? is that just for OR?

Quote Originally Posted by Heruraha93 View Post
    okay thanks, i am not familar with the OR tools yet, - what is TSRE F4? i did install tsre5 and have used it to make some consists, i didnt see any activity editor with it - "TSRE AE"? is that just for OR?
    Hi...

Just start the normal route editor TSRE - then press [F4] to get to the Activity Editor... You want to create both your Consists and Paths first for your activity - as the TSRE Activity Editor will not create these for you... Once you have them created - TSRE AE will allow you to select them in the respective dialog windows...

I haven't used MSTS in many years with no intention of ever doing so again - so I don't know if you would have any issue in MSTS...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Heruraha93 View Post
    I was reading in the manual that all the extended AI train shunting can be done in the MSTS AE without need for post-processing

it says for "Extended AI Function 5 (AI train uncouples any number of its cars)" that the waiting point is in decimal notation eg 4NNSS where NN is no. of cars in front of AI train and not uncoupled and SS is duration of waiting point - how do i enter this in the AE? when i make a waiting point it just requests the wait time in secods - where do i put a decimal notation instead?

thanks
    Hi, if you want e.g. that 9 cars remain not uncoupled and that your waiting point lasts 30 seconds, you will enter 40930.

lol, your double negative is doing my head in - "9 cars remain not uncoupled" - you mean 9 cars remain coupled to the consist being given the wait order?

Yes, I mean that, sorry, I copied the sentence in the manual.