Thread: Burlington Northern over Marias Pass

Default Burlington Northern over Marias Pass

HI

i am wondering is it possible anywhere to this 3dtrains addon https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/conten...er-Marias-Pass

I would like to get teh Burlington Northern and activities for it - i read there were some activity packs made for Marias Pass that included the green BN loco - is anyone familiar with any of these?

thanks!

That was a payware product by 3 d Trainstuff. It is no longer available from their store. There are plenty of BN activities and freeware BN locomotives in the file library. You could also learn how to make an activity on your own...
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Yes I am inclined to do more of my own activity making only that the AE often doesn't work it seems and when I recently did use it to make a Maria's pass activity, Msts just totally stopped working so now I am a bit scared of using the AE more -

Actually, can someone tell me what is the actual program in the MSTS folder that runs the AE? I would like to apply some compatibility settings to it

Hi Mitchell,
    I notice from several of your recent posts that you seem to be trawling stuff from right back in the early days of MSTS. Add-ons back then were all hungrily grabbed up as there wasn't too much available in the early days but now there is just so much available that is nearer to the current capabilities of both MSTS and Open Rails that I can't see the point of dredging up the old stuff? Much of what is no longer available is pulled because the original producers have moved on to much better stuff. There was a reason that early stuff was not as good, quite apart from the fact that everyone was learning how to create it in the first place, and that is because the hardware and MSTS itself could not run well with higher detailed models. You can see this without spending a dime. Just look at 3D Trains freeware F Unit models. You can download them from their site. They now run to 3 versions, each one improved on the earlier model. Download some box cars from the library uploaded in 2002 and then find some of the latest uploads. Compare them in Shape Viewer. Not everything that is old is bad because many "pushed the envelope" and produced stuff that was at the limits of what the software and hardware could run back then and so it still looks good today but otherwise I don't really get why you're digging up all this ancient stuff when there is so much recent stuff that is way better?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

i just like the older things to be honest and also though the newer stuff i am not actually completely sure what the newer stuff is - there is the payware stuff are you meaning- i am getting a few of those but they are expensive for me nevertheless.

are you meaning newer content that is on this site? i guess still being that i just started exploring all this in december i am not completely up with how much new stuff there is out there for MSTS

I just am wanting to catch up on things i may have missed out on - and if there are some more activity packs for Marias Pass then i was just looking for them.

But yeah i do have a bit of a love for all the old stuff, - heck i just bought 3D Railroad Master the other day even! - i am much the sam with flight sims - i have all teh Falcon games but its probably Falcon 1 from 1987 that i keep coming back to