Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Line

I liked RL. Don't like the politics that surrounds it. Too bad sounds very promising.

Thanks

Sean

Yes even humps being worked on, a better signaling system as well. RL already has a signaling system in place, hasn't been too long. AI trains now able to work with AI Signals. Again I do give the Dev credit as he's the heart & soul programmer & offers them quite often. Sadly, the community to grow ever more toxic by the day another story, for which a blind eye has been turned, be it's not so shiny side. Was talk of multiplayer at one point, I believe it was left out for the moment, which I feel probably for the best, at least better judgment, for I could see it turning into an ATS/ETS MP, with some causing deliberate harm in the group setting, you know crashing one another general mayhem. We'll see what the future holds.

Remember the old days when they had shareware? I was thinking of trying to revitalize a better version of Freight Yard Manager. The reason I bring that up here is I can see why you enjoy RL so much. But if I could avoid the whole Steam thing and just focus on something (if I have the time) perhaps that would be beneficial. I could pipe dream all day about writing something that could help for early retirement, but that's another story.

I may have to seriously take a look at this again. I didn't realize it got that much better. It sounds very interesting and inspires me for my own ideas.

Thanks

Sean

Sad Sad news to report; The RLSS top officer was assassinated during the last few days. His lower ranking officials had taken it upon themselves to stab in the back, demoted / banned him, which resulted in all sorts of chaos, along with his removal of creations, supposedly removed the game title from pc. I feel oh so sad, for the young fella from MX is beside himself, crying foul, you name it. I reached out, sadly his Alzheimer's has kicked in having no recollection of the atrocities he'd dished out while in office. esp. in my direction. Let us Pray.

You're really trying aren't you Scott? I'm just going to go in the corner and grab some popcorn now

I aint riding that horse to this rodeo buddy.

But back on topic, yes they are going to eat their own. Rolling Line like another big sim called TSW have all the potential but have serious issues preventing them to reach their full potential. One of them is quality of product, while the other is quality of the leadership. TSW to me has more goods to offer as of late where as TSW is just offerning same old with enough change worthy of what Run8 does in a single free update.

Thanks

Sean

Gosh Sean, I don't believe I let any cats out of the bag. I was just merely passing the latest news, & follow-up commentary, feeling perhaps, those following the thread here at TS may have a vested interest, like reading the "Saturday Evening Post".

Regardless, a sad state of affairs for sure, but, then again, I tried to open their eyes namely Dev, for which he chose to turn a blind eye, while tossing a ban my direction. Now that I'm not allowed within, (which has been some time), many are learning the hard way for themselves, &, can't send blame my way, as I'm not part of the community by their own ethnic cleansing measures.

The very same happened when RL was in its infancy, had themselves a modding forms outside Steam. The same self-elected officials got out of hand so bad had to move onto Discord, for the keeper of original site was forced to shut down the server as no longer wished to pay for a "Dead Horse" if you will. I was indeed a member of the original location, but, never so much as a peep, while I watched from afar.

It still saddens me to see any community tear itself apart, ruffled feathers from time to time is one thing, any gathering of people bound to happen, but, this is way beyond civilized modern warfare (behind ones back), not like Mustard Gas / Trench Warfare (In Your Face, One on One).

Another interesting note those that flew the bombing runs are asking, could he please leave his creations for the community's use / enjoyment, while being ousted. The Officials don't give-a-rats for the person, just use of their wares. Same happened to me, &, will happen to others in the future.

Anyways, I believe I've left out anything that may be seen as too personal, in an effort to keep identities hidden, while providing latest happenings thru-out our sporting RR lands.

Almost forgot sorry Sean can't handle popcorn these days, gets caught in my wooden dentures causing never ending issues for months. More Power to Orville Redenbacher, or, is it still Jiffy Pop?. Really enjoyed Jiffy Pop Extra butter, esp. when it blew-up on the stove. That's how popcorn ceilings came about. "The More You Know".
    Last edited by SMRY; 10-07-2022 at 02:41 PM.

Very easy policy is anything that is added to the forum becomes the property of the forum. The only thing that would matter is copyright or some other restriction on use in the original download.

Taking creations off seems a little dramatic.

But what do I know.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Very easy policy is anything that is added to the forum becomes the property of the forum. The only thing that would matter is copyright or some other restriction on use in the original download.

Taking creations off seems a little dramatic.

But what do I know.

Thanks

Sean
    The creations anyone puts up are offered via the Steam Workshop, some also offer via Discord, though those are usually reserved for insiders. Anyways creators that become Shun'd are allowed to remove their goods if desired. Most shutouts feel if they're not able to enjoy, be part of the group, their wares are not welcomed as well. "Can't play in the sandbox with my toys, I'll take them elsewhere".

There's always room here for a new community. We made room for Run8, if there's enough demand we can make room for RL and not have any silly content rules other than what's already in place.

Somewhat Lost. Anyways, believe I'd left off with the production of a Dock Crane someone had sent a photo of, wanting me to try my hand at, I pretty much got that project completed some time ago, had moved on to others, the very latest being the creation of MooCows in various poses for a change of scenery. I've 12 cows altogether, but only 6 thus far haven been textured. "Got Milk".

20220919142531_1.jpg20220924153954_1.jpg20220820152456_1.jpg20221030221723_1.jpg20221102142936_1.jpg
    Last edited by SMRY; 11-02-2022 at 09:05 PM.