Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolling Line

Here's Roy Hill (RHA-AU) Pretty In Pink

20210404014340_1.jpg20210404014325_1.jpg20210404014411_1.jpg

Further testing. "Pretty In Pink RHL AU". 1 of 4 trains operating between, Roy Hill Mine / Processors, &, Port.
    Each train 2 units hdend, pulling 232 Ore Jenny's. Trains departing Mine area contain rear Manned / Banked Pushers til the summit, then cutoff. At the port a rotary dumper capable of unloading 2 Ore cars at a time, operates in 88 sec. cycles. Mine loadout per train is 160 minutes.

20210404101543_1.jpg

Vt. Mud Season has arrived, the O'l "Bug" sinks with each passing day. Me & "Herbie" go thru this every spring.
    We both grow tired with the passing of the seasons.

My Deiveway in Speing Mud Season 1.jpgMy Driveway in Spring Mud Season 2.jpg
    Last edited by SMRY; 04-04-2021 at 11:58 AM.

That's your bug Scott? Hope it's on your property someone might squash it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    Further testing. "Pretty In Pink RHL AU". 1 of 4 trains operating between, Roy Hill Mine / Processors, &, Port.
    Each train 2 units hdend, pulling 232 Ore Jenny's.
    The pink trains (locos and ore cars) were specially painted at the request of Gina Rinehart (owner), who is a strong supporter of research into breast cancer. In fact, just about everything at Roy Hill is pink.....infrastructure, trucks, h-viz clothing...and ships!!
    https://www.railjournal.com/locomoti...s-to-roy-hill/

Scott, the Roy Hill logo should be the same shape on each side.
    It is a representation of the state of Western Australia and is the same shape no matter which side of the loco it is placed on.
    Check the two locos in the top row here.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Yes, the more I discover of Roy Hill ops, the more I'm liking. Usually not a follower of any across the big pond. Some reason Roy Hill caught my eye. I did manage to catch a glimpse of both Black & Pink versions before shipment at one time.
    The pink resonates with me as well for both parents, & my better half succumbed to that damned dreaded "C" word. Hell, even one of my former beloved cats contracted the damned stuff... A 4 time survivor myself, though must have caught early enough for still here.. I find it humbling to know / see such support going so far as to paint just about every piece of the business in supportive pink. I haven't really dabbled too much with map building within Rolling Line, but, the Roy Hill is indeed something I'd like to try modeling in some form, if at all possible before my eyes finally give out.

As to the side logo's not containing the black portion. When filling in the pink the strength was set too high, which I had failed to notice at the time. I had indeed corrected, but, then failed to snap current versions.

Roy Hill indeed itself has a very nice website of their own. Like the breakdown of ops, what, when, where etc. A nice basic trk/ ops schematic. Little of this, little of that.
    Last edited by SMRY; 04-05-2021 at 06:34 PM.

this was one of several the corrected versions

20210405195350_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    this was one of several the corrected versions
    The black one still has the white map-background incorrectly reversed. It should be the same orientation as the pink one.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    The black one still has the white map-background incorrectly reversed. It should be the same orientation as the pink one.
    though, with earlier reply believe you were referencing the "Gina Tribute" unit in pink. I believe the black & white to be pretty close. Roy Hill didn't seem to say, nor, notice anything. Least didn't say if they indeed noticed something. Anyways, I indeed had corrected a version of the black / white for the state itself needed a swop. now got to find & send snapshot to confirm.

170915_0709.jpg
    Last edited by SMRY; 04-06-2021 at 05:42 PM.

I somewhat of a nice day, as earlier / late last week had sent Roy Hill snapshots & letter. I finally got a very nice reply from what they call the PrivacyDept. &, like the looks, would like to see continue, &, have several employees that plan to touch bases with about getting shots of operations, that I may build upon. A very nice gesture, &, should help further project ideas. They sent a quick logo felt may be of use along the way. A very nice day indeed. Roy Hill personnel also were saying they have changed ops to some degree now are operating each trn with 4-units. 2-hdend, &, 2-mid trn thus now avoiding having to shove, cut away 2 manned at the rear from Port Headland, up to 5-trns per day. With more perhaps on the drawing board.

logo.png
    Last edited by SMRY; 04-06-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post

Here's what the corrected versions had finally looked like. The "F" side was the logo that state needed turning, on both paint schemes.

Attachment 81488Attachment 81489