Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Line

Not all that active with Rolling Line lately. However, over several nights work, churned out a pair of props to go alongside Franks updated Santa Fe layout. With other VWs about the layout, got me thinking summer heat, hotrods, customs, Beach Boys, etc. Anyways, through together my own version of custom, along with makeshift Air Stream.

20210611120401_1.jpg 20210611120440_1.jpg

Here's a good read. Roughly a month ago another RL member released several empty Gondolas. Just after release I asked if be fine with me adding details / loads, with hopes of reupload to go alongside originals.

This is what I wrote / asked at the time:

"Hello VL I'd like to use your model as a base to work from.
    Add various Loads, WheelSets / Trucks, Knuckles / Drawbars
    During ReUpload to WorkShop give Credit".

Never got any word, not so much as a peep. After a months time figured plenty of time given for response, would go ahead offer loads to the community, again, along with proper credit for originals. I discovered yesterday had been removed.

During use of RL upload feature within the game itself the rule states as follows:

"If your item uses any assets/resources from another persons workshop item then you MUST include the name and owner of original item in your description."

During my upload, I did just that, gave proper credit to original creator.
    I believe being fair given ample time for anyone to respond if they were to have issue. Again, not a word, til after an upload.

Honestly not too sure what to think this morn. Hell if ya do, hell if ya don't.
    During the night received so many PMs in support, which is of no value, for others seem to be afraid to voice publically. Anyways, here's the base creation, with my addition of finer details / loads. Not too sure what harm done, other than personal attacks.

Perhaps others read differently, appears my interpretation of the rule be off.

Almost forgot this is the credit I posted along with model / description during upload:

"Loaded Low-Sided Gondolas

Excellent Base Model, Creator: VL
    Hardware, Loads: SMRY

I had requested permission some time ago, never an answer.
    Taking a chance here, in hopes others able to enjoy loads,
    alongside empties produced by VL."

20210613214450_1.jpg

Last edited by SMRY; 06-15-2021 at 07:53 AM.

Here’s the very latest retaliatory reply from Dev of RL, behind the scene of course.
    “Please note that if any further content that you've uploaded is removed, the upload ban will be extended.”
    Figure that one out!.

It's like they write the rules for you. I'll give you a world for your 3d creations

Thanks

Sean

Sadly no one likes my creations, kitbashing, mods, tweaks, & or, otherwise... Come on, your supposed to shoot in my direction, not theirs, they have your back, their not going to like you otherwise.... Oh Sh*tstirrir what are we to do with you... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    It's like they write the rules for you. I'll give you a world for your 3d creations

Thanks

Sean

I've received demand from RL via PMs during the night. Only hurting our community image.
    Stop posting any reference to Rolling Line within TS-Others, or, ban shall become permanent.
    What do you think / feel about such a demand?.
    Last edited by SMRY; 06-16-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Put it this way the person in charge is ultimately responsible be it himself, or his minions. I've dealt with shall I say people who had a entire different opinion on the term "speculation" but ultimately the person in top regardless is where the buck stops.

I personally wouldn't bother with them. You already have Unity and your making your models in Blender. Scripting in C# is daunting but simple actions can be done. I'm no expert at any but I know enough to get a model to move and likely animate on straight track. My issue is figuring out the curves or bendable meshes. You said you no longer run RL so screw them.

Stick with people who support your artistry. BTW I'm done with RTS yet. It's part of who I am.

Thanks

Sean

I surely hear ya, I believe to be both Top Brass & Hench Men. Not so much upset over model being blocked. The enforcement of the rule another story, when every effort made to follow to a tee. The workshop is full of same, without so much as a thank you for use of a model.
    Others in the background have jumped on the bandwagon in support, which is nice, but, not of value as you know. "We're Right Behind You". It's plain to many without my having to further point out, latest issue appears a personal vendetta without justification nothing more. I'd just like clarification /reason from Dev himself or herself, Which, now that the nasty deed done, their dementia has kicked in.

As to putting RL in the rear view mirror (ATS).. lol... Not so easily done. The creativity somewhat of a way for me to continue with my creative / artwork, after haven put the brushes down so long ago. DR.s keep hounding me to pick them up again, before the eyesight finally fails for good. Honestly, the PC has taken over so much of my daily life, if one wants to call it that, that when something goes haywire such as in this instance, really throws a kink. I did manage to do it with MSTS, RW, FYM. Eventually, should be able to place the pc in the rear view mirror, with others blessings, ousting, poking & prodding, with hard work, determination, should be able to overcome that pull for pc.

For a time got myself into concrete yd / garden art, that helped the pc take a rest in the sleeper (ATS). sadly just don't have the strength for creating molds, mixing, pouring, just plain moving once completed. I just plain be slowing down both movement/mind wise. July be next birthday 1932-2021, with some luck will see it, &, perhaps RL will indeed be a thing of the past. Surely RL Dev / Hench Men would prefer sooner rather than later. Doing my best to please everyone in that regards. Cross the fingers, now, if I could just see them... lol...

Bottom line your creativity will have a home with RTS. Watch carefully, baby steps it's coming.

Thanks

Sean

Damned, many sadly missed the war over to RL-Discussions tonight. Many went on the attack. I just had to defend myself / others. Result my defending self, has resulted in ban. Now they've moved over to Discord to continue, sadly banned again. Others undercover continue to fill me in, thus, not completely in the dark, War Is hell...