Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolling Line

Just passing time today.
    Began putting together various parts from other projects, building a custom GP-Series.
    No particular model, general in nature. Trying new features with latest update to 3D-Builder.
    Thought perhaps others may enjoy the looks thus far.

FSide.jpgImterior.jpg

Looking good Scott.

Thanks

Sean

Thank You Kindly!

Well was forced to go back pretty much rework every asset of the model.
    I was trying new things, & following several YT vids for Blender side of things.
    Sadly the results caused Blender to stop responding / freeze.
    Then once restarted model so stretched unable to correct, nor, get my bearings.
    Anyways, this morning took an earlier stage model, brought back to latest stage. Continued to tweak / fine tune, skipping
    the steps in YT vid, so far, so good. Here's the results so far. May not be so noticeable from earlier shots, but,
    indeed are lots of differences from my end.

Interior.jpgInterior1.jpgInterior2.jpgSide.jpg

Worked some on the model til feeling ill.

20210424193359_1.jpg
    Last edited by SMRY; 04-24-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Looks nice.

Time to pick up Unity, then I can borrow your assets

But seriously if your not releasing Rolling Line assets may as well try something. I know where you can have a home haha.

Thanks

Sean

Lovely modelling Scott, but i just couldn't get into the game buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Thank You Kindly.
    Many unable to get past some of the more cartoonish looks. Each their own.
    For me, always haven been into art, draws me the most. The ability to create within Rolling Line really holds my interest most of all.
    Can't say I've even run a single train around so much as a simple loop...lol...
    The models from others are growing more detailed by the day. If you can think it, its probably there somewhere. In some ways the originality / look of RL is somewhat falling along the wayside.
    Again, with so much available to anyone wishing to create, regardless of talent, is just great.
    Another nice facet of Rolling Line, is, the Dev is very much involved, implements many ideas from the community, &, updates / additions are just about non-stop, which is a very nice departure from many others out there.
    I support any / all the various games / sims / complex or not, that may help a youngster develop some sort of interest / love of RRs. Hopefully may even help some turn away from bad habits / deeds of the world today.

I'm somewhat in a quandry toady. I was advised to take my creations down from Steam WorkShop. 1- would be best for community. 2- those haven already downloaded my creations would see no effect / loss, only those members looking for them after removal would be sh*t out of luck.
    Now the community is up in arms, as those that had indeed downloaded my creation, have lost them from their HDs.
    I don't understand how Steam could have removed them from someone's personal PC. Further downloads from WorkShop I understand.

I've older games haven downloaded from Steam which no longer are available via Steam, yet I still have & can play.

Best answer I could offer at the time is may wish to watch the mouth, not belittle / bully, bite the hand that feeds... whatever wish to call it. Such things wouldn't take place. Besides if models so bad, shouldn't be missed, as they stated, no one of importance likes, nor, downloads anyways... right.... Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.
    Last edited by SMRY; 04-25-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Unity your world no drama

But as long as your having fun and the drama is killing you best of luck.

Thanks

Sean

Do your own thing Scott, bugger what anyone else thinks or says buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd